Easy Ideas to "Spruce Up" Tuna?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Eat it raw with some sweet vinegar rice and seaweed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Oh...I could SO go for this right now🥰
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Tuna onigiri is really easy to make and delicious!
  • foofyq
    foofyq Posts: 42 Member
    tuna melts are always good. bread + tuna salad + cheddar cheese on top, put in the toaster oven or in the oven and broil for a few minutes. i like sriracha on top
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    I make my tuna salad with horseradish. Gives it some kick.
    Also if I don't have time to chop up stuff to put in for a tuna salad, I sometimes add just a spoonful of green relish. (I've not done the horseradish and relish together but maybe the sweet heat would be good.

I also just mixed it with seafood sauce a few times to give it more of a tangy flavour.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    I like mine with a tomato balsamic salad, sometimes I add lettuce and/or avocado.

I recently had it with a little rice, tons of wilted spinach, a little garlic and lemon juice. A hot meal instead of tuna salad is nice this time of year.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Jarred jalapenos are good in tuna and egg salad. Some good ideas here!
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 350 Member
    I've found that I enjoy jalapeno in mine the most. It's to the point that I kinda crave it sometimes lol.
  • xxxtarable27xxx
    xxxtarable27xxx Posts: 104 Member
    edited June 2021
    1 can of tuna
    1 boiled egg cut up
    2 teaspoons of yellow mustard
    2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
    1 or 2 pickle spears (depending on how many you want)

Mix it and then I put it on Nature's Own Honey Oat bread which is 40 calories per slice.
  • Agion3
    Agion3 Posts: 15 Member
    Chunk light tuna salad with Primal Kitchen avocado mayonnaise, diced serrano pepper, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, freshly squeezed lime juice and sea salt and black pepper. You can also use cubed avocado for texture enhancement.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    edited June 2021
    I highly recommend olive oil with onion and rosemary, heated for a few minute. Add in some celery and beans if you choice with celery and salt and pepper to taste. Add in some fresh Basil and enjoy.
  • flossyposse
    flossyposse Posts: 13 Member
    Spicy tuna bites (if you're craving sushi).

Chop up some cucumber slices. Mix your tuna with low-fat mayo, add a little bit of sesame oil & siracha.

Scoop onto cucumber bites & dip in low sodium soy sauce if you want. Has been satisfying my sushi cravings
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Mix it with guacamole. One of those single serve tubs is about as many calories as one tbsp of regular mayo, and you get some heat and onion and other flavor in the mix - while still having the fat from the avocado - without having to do silly things like chop vegetables (I AM A LAZY COOK)
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Recently been eating it with dill relish (not the sweet stuff though), topped with a little crispy fried onions. I like it loaded with chopped salad veggies too, mixed with ranch salad dressing.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 350 Member
    Mix it with guacamole. One of those single serve tubs is about as many calories as one tbsp of regular mayo, and you get some heat and onion and other flavor in the mix - while still having the fat from the avocado - without having to do silly things like chop vegetables (I AM A LAZY COOK)

I love guac. I think I will definitely try this out.
  • lcatalan93
    lcatalan93 Posts: 45 Member
    I like doing it with light mayo, buffalo sauce, onion, cilantro, lime juice, tomatoes, jalapenos, and pepper. Mix it all around and make it into a sandwich or if you are doing low carb you could eat them with cucumber slices / lettuce. wrap :)
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 508 Member
    Have you tried using chipolte seasoning to it along with an egg? My fiancee and I like some kick in our foods now and again. Also, add a little hot sauce
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    I buy a 'rainbow' slaw pack from my local grocer - it has purple & green cabbage, carrots, beetroot, spinach and some mixed herbs (corriander/ parsley). I make my tuna mayo and then mix that into the slaw pack, with crumbled feta on top - it is fabulous! So filling (I have about 100g of the slaw mix), good for you and leaves me feeling satisfied.
  • Stephaiken
    Stephaiken Posts: 1 Member
    Everything but the bagel seasoning goes with almost anything :)
  • bduanemyfitness
    bduanemyfitness Posts: 75 Member
    simple tuna salad on a pita...capers, red onion, and olives with some slivered basil, maybe some diced tomato