Please, my Friends, don't lecture me

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    I've lost 55 pounds just by cutting my portions way down. I have chips every day with my lunchtime sandwich. I have mini candy bars for dessert a lot, or shortbread cookies. I could have ice cream more often than I do, but I apparently have to be in the mood for ice cream and that's not too much it seems. We eat American Chinese dishes like Sweet and Sour pork with the breaded pork pieces. I eat pizza on occasion. We eat a lot of Mexican food. (Tonight is beef burritos!) And because I have IBS and my body hates vegetables, I don't eat 'em. And I lost weight anyway. I am an unrepentant carnivore and my burrito tonight will involve cheese sauce. And I am losing weight anyway.

I will say that when I lost about 1/6 of the total weight I needed to lose I noticed a radical change in my pain levels when I stood and walked (I have issues with my feet and ankles.) So I don't know what that is for you (for me it was about 25 lbs) but you do start seeing improvement pretty quickly.

I also found that at about 1/3 of the weight off I started to make more opportunities to move and to stand more, and it was very natural and not planned. I have started to exercise NOW, but didn't much at first, and concentrated on weight work on the machines, so I couldn't do the motion wrong and hurt myself. That's where I'm at. I may stay there, I may want to lift more and get into it seriously, I dunno yet.

• Jenpec98
    Jenpec98 Posts: 49 Member
    Sounds to me like you are on the right road here. You didn't put the weight on overnight and you wont lose it overnight. I know you know this. I wish you all the luck in the world, and I send you big hugs. You keep doing what you are doing, and the rest of the world will keep spinning.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,113 Member
    So, anyways…. How’re you doing, OP?
    Hoping today is a good day for you.
    💐
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Congratulations on your 25lb loss 👏
    Wishing you every success and leaving a hug 🤗
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Excellent on the work you are doing!! Congratulations on the 25 lbs lost!!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,113 Member
    I am doing fine. Thank you so much for asking. Thank you for cheering for me. I am learning. I spent hours in the kitchen cutting up vegetables and fruits. I am ready for the week. No excuses to eat wrong or order in. The right stuff is waiting in the fridge. I didn't overeat this weekend. I stuck to my plan. Weekends are so much harder to manage.

You got this.
    💐💐💐
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Awesome job prepping veggies! You're off to a great start! I agree about weekends. They seem to get easier, but it has taken me a while not to go off the rails. Keep it up, OP!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    every single pound is a win! just keep that in mind!

i started at 330 pounds.

i am under 180 now.

i can tell you i do work out, but at the advice (errr ORDER) of my doctor, due to a medication i am on currently NOT MUCH - right NOW, i am not eating enough to work out much, though my appetite it slowly returning so i am allowed to workout a couple of times a week for 20-30 minutes MAX. even when i am eating normally, i dont workout excessively. when i first started working out, it was simple walking. and not for long. it took time to build up to more.

i have always subscribed to 'if it fits in my calories, i can eat it'. chips, cookies, etc. fair game, if i could make room for it. if i went over. well, it happens. as long as it doesnt happen all the time, and only occasionally, its not a big deal.

i never set my calories super low. i like to eat. i figured i didnt gain the weight fast, i wasnt going to lose it fast.

i found lower calories replacements for things that i liked that i used all the time. salad dressings, mayonnaise, breads, tortillas, etc. lower calorie options for breakfast and lunch (usually between 200-300 cals). we do eat out once or twice a week, and i plan around those meals. i never did low carb or keto or any other 'fad' type diet or 'way of eating'. i know me, and i would never be able to sustain that long term.

So much of it is learning as you go. Surrounding yourself with like minded people. And with people who have been where you are, and have found success, and who are also at the SAME PLACE. Having people who are where you are and ALSO who have BEEN where you are, helps. You get both sides for encouragement and support.

I go in phases of being here on the boards, but am pretty active on my own page, if you want to send a friend request. Dont necessarily post a lot about weight loss very often (other than random one off things here and there) but do post a lot about my life and our farm and my dogs LOL
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Advice often given by people who have never attempted to lose weight...
  • PepeLPew
    PepeLPew Posts: 95 Member
    I am doing fine. Thank you so much for asking. Thank you for cheering for me. I am learning. I spent hours in the kitchen cutting up vegetables and fruits. I am ready for the week. No excuses to eat wrong or order in. The right stuff is waiting in the fridge. I didn't overeat this weekend. I stuck to my plan. Weekends are so much harder to manage.

✊✊✊✊✊✊✊
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    "I don't want to cleanse. I only clean my house occasionally."

I love this! And congrats on the weight loss.