Gaining weight..0.4 pounds!

Options
Hello everyone. Ive been on a health journey for 8 months now . I am down 40 pounds and have another 40 to lose . I am a 21 year old 5’6 female who weighed 196.6 before her cheat day last Saturday. This is where things are going down . I have been waiting to go down back to my weight and ran into an issue. Over the past 3 days i have gained 0.4 pounds. Im not back to my 196.6 , i got back down to 197.2 and im 197.6 today. Im starting to think something is wrong. Im in a 500 cal deficit eating 1511 calories a day . Is this water retention? Ive also been constipated and had salty food last night. My weight should be going down not up. Im honestly freaking out. Ive had so much success over the last 8 months and i definitely dont wanna start gaining. I was gonna wait to see what my weight does all next week then make adjustments if im still not loosing. Idk though, what would you all do ? am i just tripping ? Could it be fluctuations? ANYONE HELP

Replies

• Brookie0228
    Brookie0228 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just think whats getting me is my weight going up 0.4 pounds , ive experienced daily fluctuations but never two days going up by 0.2 each day. Its just so weird . maybe im over thinkinv, I’ll definitely keep this thread updated.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I have gained up to 4 lbs in a DAY, even when losing (thanks, hormones). Today I dropped 2 lbs from yesterday to my normal weight, even though I knew I was still bloated and thought it would be the same. Bodies are weird, which can make weight loss frustrating. Sometimes we just have to learn to be patient and trust the process.
  • Brookie0228
    Brookie0228 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    so everyone, i weighed yesterday and it was back to 196.6 . Im gonna closely monitor my weight and my food to make sure everything is still on track , appreciate all of the help!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    weight loss is not linear. sounds like a normal weight fluctuation.

4kouv7itx7tn.jpg