Dissapointement...

Options
hello all

Im a little dissapointed.. I just came back from Prague where my boyfriend took me in the last 4 days, that is not the dissapointment, that was great !!! but i gained 2 1/2 pounds :(
The thing is it was hard to count the calories (i meant to be good on that) but everything was in czech and we had to go to restaurants. And i did have a couple beers, i had to tastes those local pilsner !!! :blushing:
The thing is we walked for about 8 hours a day. often uphill or upstairs with a small backpack that seemed to weight a ton. and i though that it would help burn those extra calories and maybe even loose 1 pound, or at the very least cut even !!! but not gain !!! :sad:

At least now i'm back and back on track with the eating right and exercising (maybe tomorow for exercising as my legs and feet still hurt from all that walking )

But we did have a great time !!!
may_marie

Replies

• may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hello all

Im a little dissapointed.. I just came back from Prague where my boyfriend took me in the last 4 days, that is not the dissapointment, that was great !!! but i gained 2 1/2 pounds :(
    The thing is it was hard to count the calories (i meant to be good on that) but everything was in czech and we had to go to restaurants. And i did have a couple beers, i had to tastes those local pilsner !!! :blushing:
    The thing is we walked for about 8 hours a day. often uphill or upstairs with a small backpack that seemed to weight a ton. and i though that it would help burn those extra calories and maybe even loose 1 pound, or at the very least cut even !!! but not gain !!! :sad:

At least now i'm back and back on track with the eating right and exercising (maybe tomorow for exercising as my legs and feet still hurt from all that walking )

But we did have a great time !!!
    may_marie
  • paulam
    paulam Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    dont worry!! Gosh I think that's excellent actually. To go on vacation and only gain 2/1/2 pounds!! Plus that could be water weight etc. THat will be gone in a day or 2 and you'll be back on track.
    Vacations are tough cuz you are totally out of your routine, so I think u did great.
    Just get right back to what you were doing and you'll be fine.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    dont worry!! Gosh I think that's excellent actually. To go on vacation and only gain 2/1/2 pounds!! Plus that could be water weight etc. THat will be gone in a day or 2 and you'll be back on track.
    Vacations are tough cuz you are totally out of your routine, so I think u did great.
    Just get right back to what you were doing and you'll be fine.

I totally agree with Paula. I actually went on a trip a few weeks ago and experienced the same thing. I got back on track and a lot of my weight gain was gone in just a few days (and we ate A LOT!) What a sweet guy you have. Sounds like a fun trip.:flowerforyou:
  • RiverCameron
    RiverCameron Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling you didn't gain anything. I just read in one of my fitness magazines (I can't remember right now which, but I'll post again when I figure out which) that it's normal to weigh a little more on the scale for a few days after a flight. The changes in air pressure causes your body to hold on to a few pounds of water.
    Give it a few days for your system to get back to normal and I bet the scale will return to normal.

Rose
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Hey...the important part is that you're aware of it and know that something needs to be done. And most importantly, you have a great time with your boyfriend. 2 1/2 pounds isn't bad at all....Probably just water weight.....:smokin:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    You are doing fine!! These things will happen. The important thing is to not let it get you down or make you feel like you can't do this. I know it stings when you see the number go up but you are human and this is not the first or the last time you will have a gain or maintain, etc. This HAS to be a lifestyle change and sometimes life gets in the way of the "change" but as long as you get back in the saddle the next day, you will be good! It's all part of this being something you can do the rest of your life.

Also, from what I hear of Eastern Europe, they eat a lot of "comfort foods" and the portions are big....and of course the beer is flowing!! LOL

Take care!!
    Tami
  • its time for change
    Options
    Don't worry about it. It sounds like it was fun and with all that walking, maybe it's muscle and not fat,. You're back home now, so just jump back on board. :smile: