Body Media Fit Arm Band

Options
Has anybody purchased the latest Body Media Fit Arm Band? If so would you recommend it? How accurate is it calculating RMR?

Replies

• CynPierce15
    CynPierce15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have one that I have had for about 3 months. I really liked the idea of keep closer track of what I eat and what i burn. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would say my satisfaction is about a 6. Because...
    1. I think it gives me too much credit for calories burned while resting. They say the more you wear it the more accurate it will become.
    2. There website where you enter your food intake doens't have a large data base like MFP and I waste a lot of time entering my food. I still use both websites most days.
    3. I use the android and iphone aps for body media, its pretty cool because you can enter a goal for a workout and monitor how much you burn. So it pushes you a little harder.

I bought mine from amazon.com
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'm unsure of my happiness. I've been wearing mine since March of this year and have mixed results. When I first got it I used the calories burned on that to adjust my intake and I initially lost some weight. But since I've been following the BMF rules I've gained steadily since those first intial scale drops. So just recently I've decided to only use it as a general reference and have reset my goals on MFP and am following just MFP calorie guidelines, not the BMF ones. And so far the results are looking positive.

I do love all of the charts, graphs and reports. The sleep one is especially interesting. I don't log all my individual foods in it though. I've continued logging everything here and then just enter my daily totals from here as one large meal so it still gets my calories/macros info.

Mine came with a one year subscription and I don't have any current plans to pay for the usage of the site beyond that time. I'd been hoping to use it mostly to maintain, but like I said, ended up gaining. So now I need to work to get that weight back off again.