Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Losing the lbs while bfing

Hi
I have a 10 month old daughter who I'm still breast feeding numerous times a day and was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to lose the last of the baby fat while still eating enough to produce milk. I'm about the weight pre baby but wanting to get a few more pounds off and tone up. I currently set my status for moderate activity level as the sedantary just doesn't give me enough calories and I'm starving.
Thanks

Replies

• Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Are you logging your BFings? If you log that in your food diary it gives you back calories!
  • I have to be honest, I read the title of this post too fast and thought it said, "Losing the lbs while barfing." :laugh:
  • I wasn't keeping track of calories back when I was breastfeeding, but I pretty much ate whatever I felt like to keep the strength up and was at a fairly healthy weight and BMI. I have a theory about what really worked to tone me up, instead of just eating a healthy diet only, was walking A LOT with the baby carrier. I found that the extra weight ( he was 8 lbs at birth) really kept may heart rate up and I walked about 30-45 minutes at least per day. I'm sure you're probably active, but just thought I would pass along my encouragement! Best of luck!
  • StephaniesPlan
    StephaniesPlan Posts: 3 Member
    Oh I didn't know that I could do that. Thanks
  • I am in the same boat, have a 14 month old son who still bf's at night and occasionally once during the day. Like previous poster I add bf to my food diary to get some calories back, but depending on how much you're producing and how often you're feeding the amount of calories burned varies pretty widely. Good for you and good luck, sorry I couldn't be of more help, struggling with the same thing though : )
  • StephaniesPlan
    StephaniesPlan Posts: 3 Member
    Funny. Though you you would lose a lot of weight if you were barfing ;)
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    I've read you should add from 300-500 calories to your diet daily if you breastfeed. Since you're baby is 10months old I'm thinking she doesnt breastfeed as often so you decide how low in this range you would add to yourself. Are you a stay @home mom? I am one and I have it as sedentary level too, I noticed I gained when I changed it. If you just add your burned calories from workout and bf while in a setting to loose weight you should still loose. To decide how many calories to add for bf you're probably gonna have to test it out and see the difference in weight for a couple of weeks.