That "time" of the month....

Options
Does anyone else just say "screw it" when Aunt Flo arrives? Even though I am great at eating right and working out 5-6 x a week, it all changes for those few days.
I feel so guilty but I am so in pain and uncomfortable. The last thing on my mind is working out and all of that movement.

Any other ladies experience the same thing?

Replies

• webbwards
    Options
    Yes!! I try to power through it, but it's hard. Also, the water gain on the scale makes me angry (I'm already a woman on the edge with all those hormones going, lol) Aunt Flo can go kick rocks! Grrr!
  • XiaoRuRu
    Options
    Yup! I try to limit my intake, but at that point--I want pizza and there is nothing that can stop me. I order the little individual ones though, so I don't feel so guilty. Also, try just taking a walk. Movement and light exercise actually relieves cramps.

But yes, Aunt Flo is a cruel woman, fortunately she leaves me alone after 2-3 days.
  • m2purple
    Options
    Aunt flo follows me for 6 days, and during them exercise and eating right go out the window.... if it has chocolate, rhymes with nice dream, or comes with toppings, I want it! I do try, and I was told if you continue exercising during TOM, you end up pushing yourself harder... I was good last month, but it is hard! Glad to know I am not the only one struggling during that time...
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    yes, but I have decided to fight back, I got tired of sitting around in pain, and eating junk during this time. I work out as normal and if i want a quick chocolate fix I turn to a protein bar, also drinking a gallon of water, but what has helped me the must is keeping active even the moodswins have gotten better. This month I even lost weight during my periode
  • jewel3575
    jewel3575 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im on BC so I don't get much pain, so I will definitely try and do at least 1 run that week, as for eating I will eat what I crave but in moderation, I still stick to my calories allowed.. as much as possible... it willbe worth it at the end of the week!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else just say "screw it" when Aunt Flo arrives?
    No, we typically refrain from that for a few days.

(rimshot)

Sorry -- couldn't resist.
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I get the HUNGRY HORRORS the week before and I have to work so hard to exercise enough to fit in the junk that I want so badly. I don't notice much of a difference for working out except my weight stays the same for about 2 weeks because my body is holding on to everything. I'm blessed with a pretty light period, average 4 days.
  • chi88
    chi88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I constantly struggle with this. Even the week before Aunt Flo arrives, the cravings and the fatigue really bother me. I am now working on simply not indulging because if I do, I am less likely to work out and everything then goes out the window.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I find i sometimes have cravings but i don't give in completely. I also find that if i do continue my exercise through my cycle, my cramps are not as bad. (and believe me, they have been so bad sometimes I can barely concentrate on the steps for my class, but I have to power through it.) when i have my period though, I do NOT do sit ups.
  • vicki915
    vicki915 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SDMS
    SDMS Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I am soooo glad that I am not the only one!
    I am ashamed to admit that I ate a s'more right before I started that post. Who in their right mind makes a s'more at 3 o'clock in the afternoon???? ha ha
    Days 1 & 4 aren't so bad, but days 2&3 of my period totally kill me. I get hit with fatigue so hard, that I am so lethargic. Typically working out gives me energy, but not at this point.

Thanks for all the replies!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    My husband should read this...He simple doesnt believe I have craving in those days. He keeps saying that I am just too weak...
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If I'm cramping really bad, then I'll skip the workout. If I'm just mildly uncomfortable I find that moving and working out actually helps me to feel better.

As far as cravings go, I give in a little bit.. I try to eat just enough to curb the craving without going totally nuts.

God bless!
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Last Month was so much easier on me. This month came with pain like I've never experienced before and I'm feeling so BLAH! Disappointed that I'm bringing my team down on our Monthly Challenge and so mad at the scale even though I know the reason. I have a snicker bar that keeps calling me from my desk and the only thing saving it is the fact that Snickers have now put the calories in GREEN at a place where I can't even pretend not to have noticed it. Had it not been for the 280 calories in bold, I would have gobbled it up!

And yes, I'm having a difficult time this month to say the least.... On day 3 of the TOM blues... 4 more days to go.... someone make the pain stop!

... but ... sigh.... we can do this... .... we can DO THIS.... blah! we can, just don't want to right now... lol... grrrrr
  • AmesLee78
    Options
    I had a hysterectomy in June, but I still have my ovaries therefore I still have PMS and "period" like symptoms...so basically YES...there's a couple of days where I say screw it..LOL...Although not having to deal with AF anymore, it still sucks having the other symptoms. Sometimes my PMS was way worse than AF!!
  • AmesLee78
    Options
    My husband should read this...He simple doesnt believe I have craving in those days. He keeps saying that I am just too weak...

With all due respect your husband is an *kitten*...but then again most men are ;)

(I KNOW mine is!)
  • AmesLee78
    Options
    Who in their right mind makes a s'more at 3 o'clock in the afternoon????

Um....ME...Totally been there done that!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

With all due respect your husband is an *kitten*...but then again most men are ;)

(I KNOW mine is!)
    Yeah, totally. I sometimes simply want to punch his face. LOL
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I was so out of control last week and into this week cause of precious Aunt Flo. When I read posts that say so-and-so logged their food and was "under their calorie goal" I just think, Not Me Thank You Very Much!!! Hopefully the next few weeks will be better.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I don't change much when I get my period. I continue to work out, eat like I normally would, log the weight gain, etc. It's just a few days and it won't be my last period.