My Journey

My name is Michelle but I'm also known as Shelly πŸ˜€ Hi pleased to meet you all. My journey began Jan 2021 after 18 months of working back to back shifts during lockdown. I gained 2.5 stones simply due to poor food choices, laziness and comfort. Everybody has troubles to deal with so I ain't going to bore you with that or use that as an excuse for the weight gain (but life always has a part to play) however I feel I'm doing rather well. I've lost 1st 9lbs so far approx 6/8lbs left hooray πŸ₯³. I am scared about reversing my calories back to maintainable rather than a loss, not sure how to do it. Any advise??

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Congrats on your success, and I completely understand the worry about switching to maintenance.

I suggest ramping up your calories about 100 calories at a time rather than all at once. I increased by 100 a day for a week, then another 100 the second week-- where I stayed for about 3 weeks, then increased about 50 more to what is now my comfortable maintenance level.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    There are plenty of maintenance calorie calculators online. From there, trial and error may be your friend! :)