In a rut

Options
Just can’t get motivated to eat properly or even log my food intake because I know it’s excessive. Any good tips to get motivated to start?

Replies

• sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Most people start a new regime on a Monday, therefore I'd 'park' today and start afresh tomorrow.

I often have a break from logging food as I sometimes find it tedious, but when my weight creeps up and I come out of maintenance I resume it again.

Hope you manage to find your motivation.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Most people just start when they're ready. You may not be--yet. Some get a severe health scare and then knuckle down. If you are having trouble starting to log, then check out "the most useful posts". Get a digital food scale and start. Your food diary can be private so no one needs to know that you're over your limit. If you can't face it yourself, then wait until you can.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Try getting real about the truth. If you know it's excessive, accept that, and ask yourself what FEELS like the logical next step. Really think about it... Logging isn't for everyone. It's a tool. You could do it for just a week, and see if it's something you want to continue with. For me, eating a healthy breakfast, or dinner, and NOTHING ELSE, may be just the thing I need to get back on track. It's about doing whatever step is the right one for you at this time. Not about what everyone else is doing. Best wishes! :)