Looking for a Vitamin/mineral Tracker..

Options
..that covers B vitamins and others I don't see available on mfp? Don't misunderstand, I love my mfp, but I need better "tracking" for my vitamin/mineral intake.

Can anyone make a suggestion, I see a ton of apps, but cringe at going through installing and trying them all ;(

Replies

• Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Personally I use Cronometer, it has the functions you are looking for. Not trying to advertise.
    Why are you looking to track said stats though? Do you think you might be deficient in a certain micronutrient?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    Other people have mentioned Cronometer for this.

I'm anemic, (and would be vitamin D deficient if not for supplementing.)

I'm too anemic to meet my iron needs with food and so just take my supplements (and infusions) and don't bother tracking dietary iron.
  • G0ldengirl68
    G0ldengirl68 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Dante_80 wrote: »
    Personally I use Cronometer, it has the functions you are looking for. Not trying to advertise.
    Why are you looking to track said stats though? Do you think you might be deficient in a certain micronutrient?

No, I already know what I need to take, how much, but I need to see if I'm meeting my goals through my foods, and supplements ;)
  • G0ldengirl68
    Options
    I need to track my B Vitamins, and my few, other supplements that aren't an option to track here on mfp. Maybe I am missing something on this site, but I don't see that option.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    Because of data retention and export policies I now log in an app already mentioned

however, you CAN make MFP work for you by creating, for example your own foods that have the information you need to track.

if you're not sure, by the way that the items you create are absolutely accurate and/or if you're using different nutrients to track things that interest you, DON'T share to the main database but keep your foods private.
  • G0ldengirl68
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I'm getting myself confused here, first, I meant micronutrients ;) not macros. Ok, so I can create my own foods, know how to do that, and then for example, I take a B-complex, and list it with it's nutri-facts? What I want is to have the Bs (for example) listed in my choices in this list so they show in my diary. Or, have an app that only tracks vitamins and minerals (tracker). I don't see one anywhere online though, or playstore etc.? hlwyz0f6vd8t.png

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I use cronometer for this, as others have said.
  • G0ldengirl68
    Options

lemurcat2 wrote: »

That has a paid membership I believe? And to track micros including Bs, do you know if that's in the paid or unpaid app? Thanks much!!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    I used to log on fitday. The thing I liked about it was that it did show you how you were meeting your vitamin needs. It was a free program. I don't know if there is a phone app., but I assume so. I just logged on my computer. It was not as easy to log as MFP, but I did like the micro-nutrient tracking. (I was always low on vitamin K.)
  • G0ldengirl68
    Options
    I used to log on fitday. The thing I liked about it was that it did show you how you were meeting your vitamin needs. It was a free program. I don't know if there is a phone app., but I assume so. I just logged on my computer. It was not as easy to log as MFP, but I did like the micro-nutrient tracking. (I was always low on vitamin K.)

I'll go look at it! Thank you so much ;)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

That has a paid membership I believe? And to track micros including Bs, do you know if that's in the paid or unpaid app? Thanks much!!

You can track everything for free, the paid gets you other things. It also has an app, although I know nothing about the app, as I much prefer logging online.

MFP has much better forums, though. That's why I stay here. Cron also is only useful if you eat almost all whole foods, as the database is otherwise much smaller than MFP's. Also, if you eat non whole foods, you simply aren't going to have an accurate number for many vitamins and minerals, since labels only include a few. I think it can be helpful to use a site like Cron to check your overall nutrition and if it looks good you don't have to be so meticulous in tracking everything. I only do since the site is easier for me given how I like to eat and I find watching the micros to be fun.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    You see where it says trans, polyunsaturated, monounsaturated fats? sugar? Vitamin C even?

It is YOUR food. You can put any value you want to track! Nobody is going to check if the numbers make sense and only YOU will know what you're tracking ;-)

Of course, I am a bit unsure why I am arguing the point, cause... I too am logging in crono in spite of the more limited database: mainly because of data retention and export policies.

With specific vitamin requirements you MAY find use in some of the pay features such as the one that suggests foods that may help you reach your targets.

The pay once phone app still seems like a great value to save on advertising annoyance on the phone.