Angel Food Cake

Options
The last post gave me the idea to post this out here. A great dessert to have is angel food cake. It does have sugar in it, which is a given for most yummy desserts, but in a serving size there is only 150 calories and low in fat. It you put some sugar free or low fat cool whip on it with some fresh strawberries...it is delicious and low in calories and fat...just an idea to throw out there!

Replies

• mmalanick
    mmalanick Posts: 14
    Options
    The last post gave me the idea to post this out here. A great dessert to have is angel food cake. It does have sugar in it, which is a given for most yummy desserts, but in a serving size there is only 150 calories and low in fat. It you put some sugar free or low fat cool whip on it with some fresh strawberries...it is delicious and low in calories and fat...just an idea to throw out there!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I love angel food cake! :love: With the fat free cool whip and berry of choice - it is delicious! Thanks for the reminder, I might make one today!
  • sassyandsexy1
    Options
    Yes, Angel food cake is delicious!! Still need to watch my portions because of how lite it is,,, I don't like cool whip,, but love the strawberries,,, I was also thinking about chocolate dipped strawberries,, yummy,,, maybe I will get a fondu thing or make choc. covered pretzels,,, that's a good sweet treat,,, but yes, will bring it with my workouts!!!
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    Here is a twist on Angel Food Cake. You take a box mix of angel food cake add a can of no sugar added crushed pineapple then mix like the box says. It is moist and taste wonderful. My kids like it with melted chocolate. I like it just plain.:flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    If you're a chocolate lover try the chocolate angel food or make it half white, half chocolate. It makes for a nice presentation with strawberries for desert.
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Here is a twist on Angel Food Cake. You take a box mix of angel food cake add a can of no sugar added crushed pineapple then mix like the box says. It is moist and taste wonderful. My kids like it with melted chocolate. I like it just plain.:flowerforyou:

OMG that is soo good and easy to make