Steps

Options
deebs55
deebs55 Posts: 1 Member
Hi, my name is Deb and this is my first day on this forum/site. My doctor suggested this app to see if I am getting enough protein in my diet. My understanding of this app is that within two weeks I should have shared information that I will know the answer to that, which is great. I would also like to cut down on carbs to reduce my waistline. I walk everyday and wanted to test this app on a quick spin to count my steps. I think I went about half of a mile and my count came up as 11, 325 steps!!! What am I doing incorrectly and can anyone guide me with some user friendly tips! Please. Many thanks- D

Replies

• cymande1961
    cymande1961 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,132 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't count steps, it just connects to devices or apps that count steps.
    So what are you using: an app on your phone (Pacer for example) or do you have a fitness tracker connected?
    The issue of too many steps is caused by that app or device or the way you're using it.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, like Lietchi said what are you using to track your steps?
  • marakitsch0
    marakitsch0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There are also website calculators and databases. One website used my age, weight, and sex to more accurately calculate how many calories I burned lopping branches for 25 minutes (fewer than a larger younger man). Another had a calculator and long lists of exercises/equipment.
    The protein shake I use has 20g protein, 11g carbs (6g are fiber), 1g sugar; great way for me to keep my protein up. Do you do dairy? Most protein shakes are whey, but there are also pea protein products.