meal prep

hi! Im wondering if anyone is doing meal prep?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Every weekend! This time, it's turkey breasts, ratatouille and roasted veggies from the farmer's market. What about you?
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    I meal prep often. If I don’t, I am scrambling to count calories and figure out what I am going to eat
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    *raises hand*

I've found prepping to be a great complement to calorie-counting - I love being able to basically do all of my thinking/planning around food on the weekends, so that during the workweek all I have to do is grab the thing I prepped and eat it without having to worry about fitting it into my budget.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    I don't usually prep entire meals, but always have a fridge and freezer full of prepped and packaged ingredients from which I can whip up a meal in minutes. This lets me decide how many calories I want per meal by choosing from my prepped ingredients.

I keep pre-portioned pasta sauces, soups, chili and stews in the freezer along with individually wrapped chicken, salmon, cod, haddock and a bag of large prawns. When I buy more potatoes than I can use, I will often peel, slice, blanch and freeze them in Ziploc bags. I also keep frozen bananas, grapes, pineapple and an assortment of berries. A few onions and garlic are always cleaned, peeled and ready to go.

• wi1234567890
    wi1234567890 Posts: 57 Member
    MsCzar wrote: »
    I don't usually prep entire meals, but always have a fridge and freezer full of prepped and packaged ingredients from which I can whip up a meal in minutes. This lets me decide how many calories I want per meal by choosing from my prepped ingredients.

I keep pre-portioned pasta sauces, soups, chili and stews in the freezer along with individually wrapped chicken, salmon, cod, haddock and a bag of large prawns. When I buy more potatoes than I can use, I will often peel, slice, blanch and freeze them in Ziploc bags. I also keep frozen bananas, grapes, pineapple and an assortment of berries. A few onions and garlic are always cleaned, peeled and ready to go.

This is what I do as well. I find it very helpful to quickly and easily prepare a meal if all the ingredients are cleaned and cut up. It’s also easier to convince my teenage kids to cook a meal. They are more likely to comply if some of the work has already been done.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    I do. It helps me both with calories and a healthy diet to have some food ready to eat or put into my lunch bag. I'm also guaranteed to have food that I like.
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 195 Member
    Getting lots of good single-serving size Tupperware is key. Cook/prepare soup, salads, pilaf, bento bowls, casseroles, etc and immediately put them into single serving Tupperware and put into fridge that way.