Rock Bottom

Options
Stargaze80
Stargaze80 Posts: 8 Member
edited May 2021 in Motivation and Support
Went on an interview for a job that I more than qualified for. They led me to believe that I was hired, but of course, not. Went on a date for the first time in 10 years. He led me to believe he wanted something serious. Dumps me over text …

I’ve been rejected twice in 2 weeks. It’s really hit my self esteem hard and I’ve been battling depression for a long time; this has made it so much worse. I’ve not been logging my food, I’ve not been exercising or giving much of a 💩 about anything. 🤷🏻‍♀️

And the worst part is, there’s no one to talk to except strangers on an app that may or may not share my pain. 😒

Replies

• kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Sending hugs, rejection sucks but I've always believed things happen for a reason there is something and someone better out there for you. I prefer talking to strangers because I find people that don't know you are more likely to give an honest perspective of the situation where people close to you tend to tell you what you want to hear. Keep your chin up there's always a rainbow after the storm and believe me I've been through many storms and know that rainbow always appears.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    These rejections do not define your worth! See yourself as the goddess you are and know that you can move in the right direction whether someone is by your side or not. 💪🏽
  • KDough789
    KDough789 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Regarding the job, that sucks, too. Job searching can be crushing but maybe another, better job will come along. That's happened to someone I knew, and he was in a deep spot of depression for a long time - multiple places he mentioned getting interviews for never called back, but he got hired and started a new job recently.

Nothing changed in how he interviewed, he said. It was just sort of how it played out, and seemed random to me.

Regarding the date scenario, I haven't been on a date in a hot while, so I feel your pain there. I can relate. Rejection stings a lot (and I take that stuff WAY, WAY too personally). However, it's awesome you WERE on a date, so try to think of the positives in that regard. You put yourself out there - which is something I need to do better in!

Try not to give in to the depression. You're taking steps, and that's awesome.
  • Jeffit_170
    Jeffit_170 Posts: 148 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Stargaze80 is gone.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I'm a believer that until we deal with our issues, we are likely to keep attracting similar situations to ourselves.

Stuff ALWAYS comes up in our lives as a way of pointing out what we haven't dealt with yet, and I feel it does it a lot, particularly, when we're at a point where we are ready to deal with it.

Feel your feelings of hurt, rejection, etc, and then hopefully, you can use these experiences as an opportunity to become stronger and more resilient, without it meaning a darn thing about your self-worth.

Do something awesome for yourself today! You are worthy and deserving of care and love, and that can come from yourself. Not a couple random "bad" experiences (that you can use as opportunities to learn more about yourself and how you react to things). ;)
  • Sixteen_Tons
    Sixteen_Tons Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    kelMee2 wrote: »
    Sending hugs, rejection sucks but I've always believed things happen for a reason there is something and someone better out there for you. I prefer talking to strangers because I find people that don't know you are more likely to give an honest perspective of the situation where people close to you tend to tell you what you want to hear. Keep your chin up there's always a rainbow after the storm and believe me I've been through many storms and know that rainbow always appears.

What she said!!