Anyone lost 100lbs without loose skin?

2»

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    I've lost 55 so far and yes, there's a lot more jiggle. I'm pretty sure I'll need abdominoplasty because I am shortwaisted and in my 20's had three large babies. And I'm thinking I may need breast reduction, as so far my body has lost weight (from a 42 band to a 34 band) but the actual stuff that is in the cups, hasn't. I'm at a J cup now, and my shoulders ache every night. I would not be the first person in my family to get a reduction, either.
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    I have loose skin. Trust me. Loose skin Is way better than being fat. 105 pounds down!

This^^
    But I’m 60 and started losing at 57. Don’t know how old OP is.
    Good news- with the exception of my turkey neck, the loose skin is nearly always hidden under my clothes. Most of it is at my belly but below the waist line so even a swimsuit or gym shorts hides it. As far as the turkey neck, it is way better than 100 chins!
  • TheWaistBasket
    TheWaistBasket Posts: 56 Member
    edited July 2021
    Succeed!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    I 'only' lost about 50 lbs, but I will say that I looked a lot worse when I was only part way through than I did later on. As you lose you sort of deflate, but still have a lot of fat. It makes things saggy and floppy. As you lose more it turns into JUST skin. Which is sort of wrinkly and crepe like, but doesn't sag and flop around and is basically invisible in clothes.

I recently started feeling as though loose skin is in my near future. Since the weight isn’t coming off evenly, there are definitely areas that make me feel “deflated” and have had days where I feel gross. Compression clothing helps but reading this makes me optimistic and look forward to shedding more lbs.

• Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    Hi I have not had this kind of weight loss but when I have lost 30+ pounds in the past a few times after kids I have found weight training from early on in your weight loss journey to really help with keeping the body general tighter and "pulled together" as you lose. I found it helped to tighten up skin during and after weight loss.

Also the more muscle you gain the more it helps you burn fat. It also improves your posture, helps you obviously feel stronger, increases your stamina, relieve stress (from the tensing and releasing of muscles and sleep better).To be honest I have never found a drawback to weight training! I always love the results I get (and I always start from overweight and shapeless). It helps you drop inches so effectively.

You don't need to start immediately with weight training but I wouldn't wait until you have lost a lot of weight to start because you will get great results as soon as you introduce weight training and it seems to prevent a lot of lose skin if introduced relatively early. See a doctor to check it is safe and/or get a personal trainer or other fitness professional to teach you how to train properly to prevent injury if you are overweight and out of shape. Strength training can mean using the weight training machines at the gym, it can mean using free weights at the gym or at home and it also can mean exercises where you use your own body to build strength (such as the plank).

I am 52. I am recovering from cancer and have gradually reintroduced weight training and its how I plan (with good nutrition) mainly to lose the 35lbs I put on during recovery (plus the 10lb I was in the process of losing). Weight training is so important for building bones in women and retaining our strength which helps keep us youthful.
  • Iwannabeapunkrockmom
    Iwannabeapunkrockmom Posts: 61 Member
    I don't have the large losses as many here. I lost 15 to 20 pounds before MFP and have lost 46 using MFP. I have also had 5 children. I have been dermarolling and use a skin firming serum. I don't expect anything drastic, but so far out is helping to reduce the sag in my skin and reducing stretch marks. I have waffled back and forth over whether or not I should take surgical action, but the derma rolling seems to help just enough to keep me happy for now. I'm curious to see how it helps in the long run.
  • Yaletown2018
    Yaletown2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Yes. There will be loose skin. I am probably much older than you. I have lost 63 pounds over the past 6 years. I still have 10 more pounds to goal. I will need cosmetic surgery when I am done. I am very glad that I have lost that weight despite the loose, wrinkly skin. I had hoped that slower weight loss would help with the wrinkly skin.
  • HappyVeganKitty
    HappyVeganKitty Posts: 17 Member
    Not quite....I am down over 75lbs from my HW and have maintained at least 60lbs down from my HW (192lb) for 10 years now, I have very little loose skin on my inner thighs, a few stretch marks on my behind that are becoming more noticeable now that I am in my 30s and a little belly pooch but nothing that stops me from wearing crop tops. I lost the weight over the course of a year most of it coming off in the first 2 months and was 22/23 at the time so that probably helped my skin. I religiously use firming and cocoa butters lotions which may have helped? I am probably close to your height. I did a lot of pilates and yoga (and running and hiking and cutting out fast food and liquid calories, counting calories, allowing for treats, not blowouts, regularly, slow and steady, NO crash dieting) and I am happy to say my boobs didn't sag much at all even tho I lost 9inches off my chest so it depends on your starting bf%, even though I was obese by bmi my bf was only 25-26 at my HW and is 17/18 now so I think that makes a big difference. If you can start working on building up your chest and core muscles the sooner the better if reducing sag is part of your goal. Did I get lucky? probably, but slow steady weightloss and exercising in a way you truly enjoy is probably your best bet to a healthier life even if it doesn't stop loose skin.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    I've lost a total of 150 (with about 30-40 more to go) and at least SO FAR have no loose skin.

im 43 and 5'1, i lost the MAJORITY of it around 36-37ish?, maintained for several years, had gained back about 50 that i blame on covid but was more coincidental timing, recently lost that plus a few more and am continuing to work on the remaining. i do EXPECT to have loose skin, especially in the lower stomach area, at least to a certain degree but so far... no, i dont (which has always surprised me)

I've only ever done very little weight work, and have only just recently begun doing a bit more. most of my workouts are cardio, and right now not a ton due to doctors orders.
  • Freyhb wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I've started my weight loss journey and I'm prepared to have loose skin as my weight comes off.
    My stats are:
    Female, 5'2, SW: 236lbs, GW: 130 lbs
    I'm prepared to have lose skin because even now with all this weight I have two droopy fat rolls on my stomach and saggy boobs but I'm still hoping to hear of some experienced where there was minimal loose skin.

Would love to hear of your experiences.

Thanks!

I lost 100lbs and I don't have super lose skin just the bat wings under my arms a little bit and my stomach when I bend over is a lot of extra skin. But if you where too look at me you wouldn't say my skin was loose. What I did as I lost the weight was tone and weight lifting bc I didn't want lots of loose skin.
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    edited July 2021
    I some have loose skin after 106 pounds lost. It's subtle until I go swimming, the water makes it more obvious
  • Elliephantcrossing
    Elliephantcrossing Posts: 338 Member
    Freyhb wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I've started my weight loss journey and I'm prepared to have loose skin as my weight comes off.
    My stats are:
    Female, 5'2, SW: 236lbs, GW: 130 lbs
    I'm prepared to have lose skin because even now with all this weight I have two droopy fat rolls on my stomach and saggy boobs but I'm still hoping to hear of some experienced where there was minimal loose skin.

Would love to hear of your experiences.

Thanks!

Same height, same weight, same goal. I'm hoping to avoid loose skin. A friend of mine was successful avoiding most of it using a dermaroller. I'm considering it myself, but I have a thing for wanting to avoid pain, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!