Slipping

Options
Help! I’ve been doing well, lost around 2 and a half stone from may last year until November but have put about half a stone back on since, I’ve maintained at this but I’m not happy. I want to lose more again but for some reason I cannot stop eating rubbish at the minute. It’s all getting logged and I am doing exercise to but if anything I’m going backward and I’m scared I’m about to self destruct which I’ve done before. Every Monday I say this is going to be a better week but then i falter again. Any tips?

Replies

• PersonOfDisinterest
    PersonOfDisinterest Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling.
    What's changed in your life from then until now?
  • PersonOfDisinterest
    PersonOfDisinterest Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Follow-up:
    Sorry, that was meant as a rhetorical question---I'm not trying to pry into your life.
  • Darrenmh316
    Darrenmh316 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know what you mean, not much has changed I just feel I’ve lost the mojo and maybe works a bit tougher but I need to get it back
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    It’s a long road. Just keep plugging away.

Think of this like a hill. Just because you’re on a hill when you’re biking or running doesn’t mean you should quit.

Don’t quit. Keep going and you’ll get there.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I'm sure you'll find your motivation to get back to it soon enough.

Why wait until a Monday though? I know it's the start of a new week, but why not tomorrow or the day after?

Are you also feeling you're stuck in a rut with your exercise routine? Maybe you can try something different or change it slightly. It's always good to change things once in a while, otherwise it can get boring and mundane. That may also help with renewed focus and motivation.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,240 Member
    Options
    I find it's often food at times like this to take a little break from dieting. It gets tiring logging and tracking. Maybe set some kind of small goal you could achieve. Like maybe plan to be good at least a couple of days? I dunno I find I often need a break but then need to trick myself back into it
  • boilermakers6
    boilermakers6 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Be gentle with yourself. This is a lifestyle change and there will be bumps in the road. There has been a lot of good advice given already - changing up your workout may be a good step. And not looking in the long term. Consider today’s eating and workout. Only today’s. Don’t worry about tomorrow (difficult as it may be). Small steps to get back into your rhythm.
  • gorple76
    gorple76 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    What got you motivated in the first place? I am far from any sort of guru on this and have failed more times than I can count, but at the moment I’m listening to Half Size Me podcasts. One message that has struck me is that your main goal should be to maintain. If losing feels too overwhelming right now, shift your focus yo staying at the weight you are for now. Sit it out and you may we’ll find your mojo cones back and hits you in the face again.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    A suggestion; Don't try to figure out why you lost our mojo or ambition or talk about your fear of gaining it all back.
    Accept for some unknown reason you're just not feeling it. Then go through the actions that you know work. So go through the motions. I find the feelings follow soon after. So..get to it..repeat the steps you did before..
  • Chanda7799
    Chanda7799 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I fell off the wagon after losing over 50 pounds. I’m getting it back together and setting mini goals. 😊
  • HawkingRadiation
    HawkingRadiation Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's time for a diet break. Up your calories to maintenance for at least a week.

Read through this... https://rippedbody.com/diet-break/
  • fabulouslady1911
    fabulouslady1911 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So you are having a me party. I just did that yesterday. And someone said, appreciate myself now. I'm not wherr I wanna be, but I am beautiful. 10 years in the future, you look back and say, wow I was handsome or beautiful. So love you now. And think about the diet things that you have learned along the way. And start them again. I also pray.