The cold weather is coming and so are the carb cravings HELP

Options
I have done so well all summer limiting my carbs but as fall approaces I am craving them more and even though I am staying within my calories I have gained. What do YOU do to get by??

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I have done so well all summer limiting my carbs but as fall approaces I am craving them more and even though I am staying within my calories I have gained. What do YOU do to get by??

exercise more if you need too.

I'm not too worried.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Soup ....... It tricks your body into thinking youve had more carbs than you have
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about how many carbs I have (as long as my protein is up, sodium is down, I'm eating lots of fruits and veggies, and I'm feeling full). I have noticed a change in terms of my body wanting warmer/heavier food. I have lots of great recipes for low fat banana bread, oil free pumpkin bread, non fat lentil veggie soup and non fat split pea soup. I also have a great low fat brown rice, kidney bean southwest dish. I'm a vegetarian. Anyway, I'm just going with the flow (but have not gained any weight).

Potatoes and yams and beans are so great for you and very low cal. (It is what you put on them that racks up the calories.)

I love salsa on potatoes and a little brown sugar on yams (no butter for me). Get creative and hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    risotto rice is good for filling u up, have it with some veg thru it
  • lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am trying to exercise more but trying to still heal two knee injuries since last Nov. So I can't push as much as I'd like to .
  • Ritamas2
    Options
    Hang in there Lynne, you have done an amazing job,
    sometimes just a little changeup in the type of exercise can
    work miracles. I know you will find your answer, you just have
    to experiment a little with different exercises that you can comfortably do!

The walking Dvd's are a great start I think, I feel so great after doing them.
    Good luck to you and know that i am always here for support! :wink:
  • 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    If I am reading you correctly, you are trying to avoid carbs. The answers you seem to be getting are recommending to eat more carbs like risotto...

Just want to understand what it is you are truly asking before I jump in.