Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    Calories.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,111 Member
    Options
    Yup, calories. If you're not eating fewer calories than you burn, it doesn't matter what diet you're following.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    kbard5276 wrote: »
    On keto 3 months...no loss whatsoever

On the plus side, now you know what your maintenance calories are. To lose a pound a week, cut out 500 calories per day.
  • MerryFit519
    MerryFit519 Posts: 43 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    definitely can over-do calories on keto (as in, it isn't a pass to eat anything/everything in unlimited quantities so long as it is low/no carbs.. like a pound of bacon or burgers without the bun) Also..there are lots of sneaky carb sources that could be sabotaging your efforts. (even too much protein, through gluconeogenesis, will turn excess amino acids into glucose) Lastly, aiming for the best nutrition on keto helps! If trying to stay under 20 grams of carbs a day, spend them wisely on veggies with low net-carbs etc., and load up on HEALTHY fats..salmon, avocado, etc. :)
  • Tmfarmer9101
    Tmfarmer9101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Hi, new here. First time I did keto I also lost 0 weight. I now have a weight loss coach and my first 5 days have lost 3 lbs. 1000 calorie diet, all protein and healthy fats only 1st week. The 2nd week I will add in veggies and 3rd week berries. I drink 1 gallon of water a day, also. My husband has lost 16 lbs in 5 days following this same regimen. You can do this!!💪
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options

Hi, new here. First time I did keto I also lost 0 weight. I now have a weight loss coach and my first 5 days have lost 3 lbs. 1000 calorie diet, all protein and healthy fats only 1st week. The 2nd week I will add in veggies and 3rd week berries. I drink 1 gallon of water a day, also. My husband has lost 16 lbs in 5 days following this same regimen. You can do this!!💪

Nobody will continue at a rate of 3lb per 5 days or 16 lb per 5 days.

People who have a lot to lose may lose that much initially, most of it water weight - but not on an ongoing basis

The aim is to lose at a steady appropriate rate and then keep it off

1000 calories is too low for any adult (maybe not tiny adults in coma's - but am assuming that is not you)

Also against MFP rules to advocate very low calorie diets

My above comments apply to any way of eating - keto or otherwise.

• kshama2001
    Options

I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but some of that loss is water weight from eliminating carbs and some of that is fat loss from drastically cutting calories.

What's the calorie plan for week 2 and 3?

apfqx77dil69.png
  • kshama2001
    Options
    h27zjawgvyoy.jpg