Is this enough or not??

Options
I am participating in a "Biggest Loser" style competition. I am currently in three pole fitness classes a week (1 hour ea = 3 hours per week) walk daily (up and down a hill) and am trying to eat heathier. I also bought a jump rope (it's alot harder than I remember it being when I was a kid) and have signed up to play in a 30+ soccer league. I am hoping it's enough activity to help me lose the weight. I don't have to win the competition but I def want to lose weight and feel better. Any other suggestions or feed back?

Replies

• Suze54
    Options
    I just want to say I am in awe of you doing all this. I can't imagine putting all this activity in my life.

Congrats and keep us posted as to your successes!!!!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Sounds like plenty of activity just remember to make your eating habits just as good and you should be fine.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Great job with the activity levels!!! Just remember that losing weight (for us normal folks) is about 80% or more what you eat. SO keep that diet clean and make sure you are eating enough calories to keep your body fueled!!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of activity. Eat right, get your rest, and stay hydrated. Everything else should fall into place. Don't burn yourself out.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm going to join the Biggest Loser in my gym starting next month - eek! nervous and excited.

Do you get to spend time with a personal trainer? If so, ask them specifically what you should be doing outside of meeting with them. With my gym's BL they pair you up with a personal trainer and the trainer has their own bootcamps and will usually give you a routine.

I think the most important thing is to log EVERYTHING you eat, everything you do, and make sure you have that net calorie deficit and you'll lose the weight.

The most important thing is diet and how many calories you're eating. If you exercise but are eating a ton of food/calories then you won't see the weight loss.
  • flavoid
    flavoid Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacky,

the short answer is it depends on how much you eat after all that work, if you expend 1000 calories and then take in 1500, you can do the math..

shoot for 1lb / week, make small changes, watch what you eat and use this site is to track the math for you to tell you if you're on the right track.

someone once told me that weight loss is 90% in the kitchen and 10% in the gym, after about 6 months on here I've found that it's true, so keep up the working out, (it's good for you after all), but pay the most attention to your food, and allow yourself a splurge every now and again.

P
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    BTW, hi "neighbor" in Orting! I live in Bonney Lake :) I think you're the first person I've seen on here that lives even remotely close to me.
  • krleti1
    krleti1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok, so remember that weight loss is a balance of calories in vs calories out! So to be healthy 1 hr, 7 days a wk is enough for weight loss and health but shedding the fat is 85% eating right not dieting, afer all if you can't cheat once in a while then none of the hard work is worth it.
    :drinker: ...this buds for you...lol