Can't lose weight

Options
pslyle1
pslyle1 Posts: 1 Member
I have been working out for 4 months I do the bicycle on fairly high resistance for 40 minutes and then I do weight training for 40 minutes every other day. I am doing the bike every single day for 40 minutes. At first I lost about 25 lb in a month and a half. Since then I am going back and forth between 3 lb and can't lose any more. I actually gained inches in the last 2 weeks. I'm using MyFitnessPal sticking to an excellent diet where it says I should lose about 20 more pounds in 5 weeks according to the way I eat every single day. But I am losing nothing and gaining inches. I do not know what to do I am faithful to everything. Please help thank you, Pam

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,111 Member
    Options
    If MFP predicts 20lbs lost in 5 weeks, it seems to me you are severely undereating. Your initial weight loss rate suggests the same, since 25lbs in 6 weeks is very quick weight loss.

How many calories are you eating? How much do you weigh and how tall are you?

Undereating stresses the body. It can cause water retention, masking fat loss on the scale.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    If the prediction is for 20lb loss and the achieved loss is 0, then there is a logging issue.

In fact there’s probably a logging issue full stop since a 4lb/ week predicted loss is a 2000kcal / day deficit which would be really difficult for many people to achieve / sustain.

Things to check:
    1. Have you set up MFP with accurate details (age, sex, weight, activity levels)?

2. If you’ve got a tracker connected to MFP, log your exercise in only one place to prevent double credits (usually best on your tracker.

3. Log everything. Yes, even that biscuit you sneaked at work. And the stuff the big diet firms tell you is “free”. It all has calories in it

4. Weigh all your intake and be careful which database entries you choose. Using cups is horribly inaccurate, but if it’s all you have access to, it’s better than estimating.

If none of that has made any difference after about another few weeks, consider opening your diary, and asking again as there are frequent errors that people make when starting out and the community are quite good at spotting these.

Happy logging!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    25lbs in a month? Unless you're really obese, that's a really really big number indicating you underate. Now your body is catching up and RESERVING energy just to sustain normal function.
    What are your stats? Height, weight, age, gender.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png