Looking for friends with similar goals.

Options
Hi everyone,

I am looking for friends with similar goals who post updates on their newsfeed and like commenting on friends posts.

I am 36, mother to a 4.5 year old girl. I am English but since January 2019 I have lived in France.
I would like to lose about 40kg/88lb (give or take) in total but I like to apply short term weight loss goals to make the number not so daunting.

I have been overweight all my adult life and my weight has been creeping up and creeping up until last October I was my heaviest. My weight has bounced up and down and I have as of today only lost 5kg.

I live in a rural location with a lot of lakes so water sports are very popular here. We were at the lake on the weekend, my daughter was in the water and she wanted me to join her because (her words) "Mommies should play daughters in the water" I felt s**t because I had no swimsuit and even if I did, I was not about to put it on.
My husband suggested canoeing but because of my weight, we would be over the maximum weight. My pride took a beating .

I really need to do this and I need support.

Replies

• surfsupbruzz88
    surfsupbruzz88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm interested in encouraging each other my goals are to come down to 105kg.. How I'm going to go about this is I'm sticking to a weekbix diet and doing lots of weights.. pushups.. squats........
    I'm 42 male from Australia that's been looking for accountability partners to set goals and walk the talk together you could say so feel free to send me friends request and message anytime..
    I'm starting my journey on getting fit tomorrow morning..
  • gorple76
    gorple76 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Add me! I’m 44, in the UK and would welcome some friends to bounce ideas off, get support from and give help to where I can. Totally relate to the swimsuit and canoeing woes - been there myself on both counts. I’m halfway down to the weight I’m aiming for so starting to feel more confident on the beach (but certainly not there with the whole ‘love my body’ thing) and have been kayaking (which I never thought I’d do). It’s all so possible even if it feels a long way off right now.
  • ADaniM14
    ADaniM14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, hi! I actually have a 4 year old boy and a 1 year old girl so I’m always looking for Weight Loss Parent Friends. My current goal is losing about 55-60 pounds (depends on how I feel when I get there) and I’m focusing on smaller 5 pound goals to help me keep motivated toward the bigger picture! I’m going to add you and we can help each other stay accountable!
  • FightNme34
    FightNme34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have a 12-year-old daughter and have been struggling with my weight since I had her. I would like to lose a total of about 60 pounds. Id love to chat with you. I added you as a friend.