100+ lbs to lose challenge and support group!

Options

Replies

• aj11016
    aj11016 Posts: 65
    Options
    So how is everyone doing? My weigh in today was awesome, but I have a question that someone here may be able to answer... How much actual weight (lbs) do you need to get off before you can see/measure it (like in dress sizes?) I know that the scale says that I am getting "smaller" but I really dont "see" it at all... TIA
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I would definitely like to join this group! I have more than 100lbs to lose but I am setting that as my MAIN long term goal for right now and will then move on from there...I look forward to getting to know all of you and motivating eachother!! =)
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    aj-I hate to say this but it really depends. People lose weight in different areas more than others. Also, your weight loss will depend on if you are exercising or now. I will say it wasn't until I lost 15 lbs that I noticed any difference. And I only noticed that becuase I put on a pair of pants that were tight that fit. I suggest trying on something that was just a bit tight, and see waht happens.
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Aj it took about 30lbs for me before I realized my pants were to big and that was only because somebody else pointed it out...

congrats on your loss by the way!
  • sarahkova
    Options
    welcome to the group Krispy!
  • aj11016
    Options
    Thank you :) I think I am just frustrated because I cant see any difference yet...
  • degobah
    degobah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    100 is my exact goal... even though many say 160 will be too skinny and perhaps impossible for my body build. We will see... half way there!
  • sarahkova
    Options
    Welcome Bill!

So tomorrow is my weigh in day! I can't wait! haha i am such a dork!
  • sarahkova
    Options
    lost 3.4 lbs :) WOO HOO!!
  • alice0711
    alice0711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    hey, everyone. i had been joined MFP on july so i've lost 30lbs already! my goal is lose about under 20lbs by december and become to overweight BMI.
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    I had a rough week last week and ended up gaining 1.2lbs. I just totally lost motivation. But I am back this week and ready to go.
  • sarahkova
    Options
    I had a rough week last week and ended up gaining 1.2lbs. I just totally lost motivation. But I am back this week and ready to go.

OMG SAME EXACT weight gain here!!! :( cheers to this week!

We can do it!
  • cori314
    cori314 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 lbs to lose too! I do real well for months then COMPLETELY and UTTERLY fall off the wagon! Then it takes me FOREVER to get back on! I'm trying to figure out how not to do that! So here I am trying it again.
    I'm at 230 lbs (UGH!!!) right now. I had lost some weight several weeks ago but I'm afraid I've gained some, if not all of it back.
    I'm a bridesmaid at a wedding in January and I HAD determination to lose weight for it. It seems to have vanished.:noway:
    I hate to be a Debbie Downer! :sad:
    I hope ya'll can help me out! And then I can help ya'll out! :flowerforyou:
  • nlowell519
    nlowell519 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the group also. I have 100+ to lose and need the support, advice and any help on this Journey to a healther life.
  • sarahkova
    Options
    Welcome to all newcomers! We could use some new life breathed in here :)

Cori I know where you are coming from! I had all these amazing hopes of losing 100lbs this year..ha! I took the summer off...but am back and back at it again....slow and steady wins the race they say! so welcome back to your journey :)
  • cori314
    cori314 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did well for the most part today. But, I had some candy (Hot Tamales). :sad: :explode: I'm trying not to beat myself up about it too much. Tomorrow is another day. :drinker:
  • sarahkova
    Options
    cori did the hot tamales push you over your calories? and did you count them?

I had some sour patch kids and some cookies for a celebration at school tonight (working on my masters) but I find that if I really really want something I eat it and i count i every last thing I put in my mouth and if I have to do a bit more exercise one day then I do.
  • sarabhorton
    sarabhorton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sara and would love to join in the group!
    It would be great to watch the progress of other friends who will be here long term like me! LOL!

I'm a work-at-home Mom and I'm very motivated. We like to camp and it's just too uncomfortable at this weight. I've planned a summer vacay that is my motivation to stay on track.
  • sarahkova
    Options
    oooh that is great motivation Sara Welcome!

Next summer I have my undergrad 10 year reunion, my grad from my Masters and a trip home for 4th of July. in 14lbs i will be lighter then I was in college but I want to be much smaller then that! :)
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    I was concerned after last night (wine club) but it turned out ok. I was sure to be good with my calories the rest of the day and I just ate light dinner. The great thing was when I did a check-in weigh this morning I had lost the weight I gained last week.