I'm done with weight loss.

wunderkindking
wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
edited July 2021 in Success Stories
Okay, maybe not entirely done, but basically done.

I've been wrestling with what my actual goal weight is. I still don't know what the number is but 'about here' is the answer. I feel good. I feel strong. I feel confident. I'm HAPPY with me.

My high weight was about 200. My starting weight at MFP was 188.8 My weight now is hovering around the upper 130s, even when dressed and middle of the day. I'll be maintaining somewhere around 130-135. So, a few more pounds I hope I'll drift down over the remainder of summer, but if I don't, I don't.

I've got plenty of loose skin and no, I don't care.

As I've done for this whole journey nothing is being taken out of my life, for this next change. Just some things added in. What's being added in now is a few more (healthy) calories here and there and a gym membership so I can get my hands on some more equipment (of the resistance/weight variety)

I'm ready to do some recomp. And I'm excited about it.

5MlXcHOubKj7jfTMYj94Qy.jpg

4hvlYkeIzKCK8WvBDzcXim.jpg

Replies

• g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 146 Member
    This is super! I've been impressed with your posts and your progress. You look great! I hope to be where you are by this time next year. Thanks for sharing!
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Woohoo! I always appreciate reading your posts and hearing your perspective. You look great! (I'm also digging your hair.)
  • wunderkindking
    Woohoo! I always appreciate reading your posts and hearing your perspective. You look great! (I'm also digging your hair.)

Thanks! My hair's kinda wild in general but letting the color that was over all those light bits fade out 'for summer' has not resulted in the dumpster fire I expected. I might even keep it.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Amazing! Good for you - and welcome to maintenance!
  • ooklathemok25
    ooklathemok25 Posts: 61 Member
    Excellent
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    congrats. nice work!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Maintenance twins! I maintain in the 130-135 range, too! <3
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited July 2021
    Some perhaps-unneeded suggestions:
    Check your body composition. Some scales that do conductivity measurements to give heart rate will also give you fat % and BMI estimations. The apple health app will calculate your BMI from your weight and height. Most gyms offer a body composition measurement service (sometimes visiting once a month or once a quarter) for a fee.
    If your BMI is within the normal limits but your fat % is too high, you can add or increase weight lifting so you have less fat and more muscle without changing weight. If they're both 'in spec', then consider yourself on maintenance (unless you want to do some body recomposition just because you can).
    It is possible to be overweight (high BMI) with normal fat %, but this usually only happens when people have been doing a lot of weightlifting so that they have more muscle mass than is common for their gender and height. Few of us who are trying to lose fat fall into that category until after our fat-loss goals are attained, and that pretty much only happens if we pursue weight training in a deliberate effort to influence body composition. (there are probably rare exceptions who are just genetically prone to more muscle mass, because there are always exceptions to every rule).

Congratulations. I've lost almost 80 lbs so far and have about 15-20 more to get into the normal BMI range. So I hope to join you in maintenance-status soon.
  • wunderkindking
    I'm mobile so forgive brevity, but I am definitely moving on to recomp and weight training now. I'm just done dropping weight.
  • sheepybebe
    sheepybebe Posts: 7 Member
    super, congrats on your impressive weight loss. even your dog looks proud of you :D I started my weight loss 'campaign' 3 months ago, I was also around your starting weight (195lbs), so your story is inspiring and motivating. I'm going to skim through some of your previous posts to see what you were doing and get some more motivation (not that aching joints aren't enough of a motivation!)
  • DarlaJL82
    DarlaJL82 Posts: 58 Member
    I really like that it isn't so much the number but how you feel that determined your decision to stop losing. Very inspiring.
  • Kevvboy
    Kevvboy Posts: 81 Member
    Congratulations on a great job. I like what you said about just adding things back to your life, not taking things away. Having lost the same 100 lbs about 5 times now, I am hoping that this time, when I get close to the weight I want to stay, I can adapt more of your attitude and stop beating myself up. All the beating-up helped lead to the regain, I think - I got tired of saying NO all the time and then couldn't stop saying YES. I am hoping that my the time I reach that weight, I will be eating at maintenance already and learning how to go for the long term.
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Yay! You are doing fantastic. Thank you for sharing.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Congratulations! Great job! 🏆
  • Barbsunshine7
    Barbsunshine7 Posts: 2,693 Member
    Thanks for posting...I needed to read this today! How long did it take you to reach your goal?
  • wunderkindking
    Thanks for posting...I needed to read this today! How long did it take you to reach your goal?

About 14 months, total for 60 pounds.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!