Breakfast - The Most Important Meal of the Day!

Options
Shelby2happy
Shelby2happy Posts: 20 Member
Hey everyone! Like a lot of people, I don't have a lot of time in the morning to whip up a great breakfast every day... Normally I end up grabbing a Nutrigrain bar... which is quick and yummy, but not exactly filling or super nutritious.

Can any of you share your healthly and quick/easy breakfast ideas with me and others who might need some suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit.

Boiled eggs.

Toast with scrambled eggs and pre-cooked turkey sausage or bacon.

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Quinoa with pear, berries, strawberries and banana
  • Shelby2happy
    Shelby2happy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone! I really like the idea of the make ahead egg pucks... that sounds super easy.

And I was being a little sarcastic with my " most important meal of the day" lol
  • nobs3
    nobs3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • AnnMeyers52
    AnnMeyers52 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is: 1/2 cup regular (not quick-cooking) rolled oats; 2 tbsp. chopped toasted almonds; 2 tbsp. diced "plum amazins" (diced prunes) or dried apricots; 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon (I like Penzeys Vietnamese). I add cold water to submerge the oats, then nuke for 3 minutes, 10 seconds. Add 2/3 cup milk (lately it's unsweetened soy milk) and Splenda. I used a tbsp. of date syrup for a while until I started using MFP and realized how I could save some sugar and calories if I dropped that, so I did. It holds me at least four hours, sometimes five. I have a mug of coffee or strong tea with it as well.
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Last time I seriously dieted I started every day with Skyr and porridge.

This time i dont eat before 1pm as im intermittent fasting 16:8
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    If I eat anything in the morning it's gotta be grab/go and I will eat it in the car or when I get to my office and get my coffee. Also, I often will simply have a 'snack' for breakfast --- and not eat a full meal until lunch and dinner (those meals have a higher calorie content than someone who's eating 3 whole meals, obviously). Works for me...breakfast isn't any more important than any other meal and as long as you feel satiated, have the energy you need through your day, and can meet your calorie goals --- I don't know why you would particularly NEED to eat breakfast.

I keep on hand to eat in the morning:
    Bananas
    Cuties
    Hard boiled eggs
    Smoked meat or some sort of jerky
    Spiced nuts (right now I'm super into chili roasted pistachios)
    Other nut/dried fruit blends - like I love walnuts/dried cherries together. Sahale makes some good mixes too.
    I keep various Kashi bars in my office
    I keep various Larabars - but my fav are the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip ones

That's my typical weekday breakfast. On weekends I do actually cook/eat breakfast. A huge one. Often I eat only 2 meals per day - but like I said, they have more calories than a typical 3 square meal a day diet.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    I haven't had breakfast in around six months. Just black coffee until around past 1 PM. I feel fantastic. Such an overrated meal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Green smoothie (few different recipes) and a couple of hard boiled eggs has been my breakfast most of this summer. 'bout 450-500 calories depending on the smoothie recipe I use.
  • dreamer182
    dreamer182 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been loving these for fall! Pumpkin pancake bars for 140 cal and 18 g of protein

1/2 cup (60g) paleo birch benders pancake mix
    2 scoops (60g) pumpkin pie pescience protein powder (code SCRIPTS to save)
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/3 cup (80g) liquid egg whites
    2 tbsp (30g) plain greek yogurt
    1/2 cup (120g) pumpkin purée
    1/3 cup (80g) almond milk

-mix dry ingredients in small bowl
    -mix wet ingredients in separate bowl
    -combine dry with wet ingredients
    -pour into 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper and sprayed with nonstick spray
    -bake at 325 for 18-25 min or until toothpick comes out clean
    -serve with pancake syrup or toppings of choice!

makes 4 large bars

• georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    30g oats, 30g vegan (or normal) protein powder, 50ml oat milk, top up with water to the desired consistency, cinnamon and zero calorie sweetener (optional). Mix and put it in the fridge, then you can just microwave it in the morning for porridge or keep it cold. Add your favourite toppings I had dark chocolate, frozen raspberries and banana on mine this morning x
  • issymissydaemon
    issymissydaemon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    -Breakfast Power Muffins
    -Apples and Yogurt
    -Hard boiled eggs and fruit
    -Steamed veggies and scrambled eggs
    -pre made and frozen egg cups, breakfast Sammie or burrito
    -overnight oats
    -oatmeal...either crockpot or quick oats with raisins and almond milk. If I am feeling sassy I will add berries.