Sensa Diet

Options
Has anyone actullay tried Sensa and have it work?

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    several people at my work tried it and lost maybe 5 lbs and then gained it back. most said they couldn't tell it was even working. I wouldn't waste your money on it!
  • Nick0sm0m
    Nick0sm0m Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know the answer.. I've been thinking about trying it but I don't want to try it if it doesn't work. I'm very skeptical but I'd love to know as well!
  • twotoforty73
    twotoforty73 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I tried it once for about 2 weeks. It didn't seem to do anyting for me. I read somewhere that it is made up of crushed bugs (I'm not joking) and other things. The crushed bugs made me a little creeped out :frown:
  • twotoforty73
    twotoforty73 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ThisSENSA DIET PILL REVIEW
    According to the Sensa website this diet aid is: “Not a diet, not a pill, Sensa is as easy to use as salt and pepper.” Sensa is actually a “tastant” (basically a substance that you sprinkle on your food before you eat) that is supposed to use your senses of smell and taste to tell your brain that you are full and thus help you lose weight.

Ingredients
    Maltodextrin
    Tricalcium Phosphate
    SilicaNatural and Artificial Flavors
    FD&C Yellow 5
    Carmine
    Soy and Milk Ingredients
    Maltodextrin-A common ingredient in artificial sweetners.

Tricalcium Phosphate-Used in powdered spices as an anti-caking agent and it is also sometimes used in nutritional supplements.

Silica Natural-Essential for maintaining healthy bone and connective tissue.

FD&C Yellow 5-One of the least expensive food colorings.

Carmine-A red dye made from crushed scale insects.

Crushed insects?
    The inclusion of carmine means that this product basically contains crushed bugs! Carmine is sold to various industries for use in textile dyes, paints, inks, foods, cosmetics, and artificial flowers. As of now, foods that contain carmine do not have to disclose this ingredient, but there is a big push to get it included on nutrition labels. There are not any studies that show carmine to be effective when it comes to weight loss. The other ingredients in Sensa also have no research to back them up as effective diet pill ingredients. These ingredients are basically synthetic sweeteners, dyes, and fillers.

Sensa’s Marketing
    “Patent pending”? How about “Has not been approved by the FDA”?
    The face behind Sensa is Dr. Alan Hirsch, a man with considerable credentials, including a dual certification in neurology and psychiatry, faculty member in the Department of Medicine at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center, and Assistant Professor in the Departments of Neurology and Psychiatry at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center. Basically, this man should know his stuff, which is why the Sensa marketers naturally rely on his credibility as a respected member of the medical community.

Dr. Hirsch conducted a huge study on Sensa and his results were great. But can you see the conflict of interest here? Dr. Hirsch conducted the study and Dr. Hirsch is the person who will benefit the most when people purchase Sensa. So of course he wants the study to be a success! We’re not saying that his results were skewed; we’re just saying that we’d like to see an independent third party conduct a study on Sensa. That way we could be more certain that the results are unbiased.

Sensa Price
    A six-month Sensa starter kit is $235.00. You can order one six-month supply or sign up for their autoship program and save 44% off of subsequent orders. While we don’t like autoship programs in general, at least this program is straight forward and they are not just trying to trick you into providing your credit card number. I have seen a lot of people selling their Sensa kits on eBay.com.

Sensa Guarantee
    If you are not satisfied with Sensa, you have 30 days to return it. This guarantee is OK, but a 60- or 90-day guarantee is much better.

Conclusion
    It is clear that there is a lot of research that has gone into developing Sensa—there’s no denying that. And in reality, this product does have a lot of potential. But until there is unbiased, third-party research conducted on Sensa, it gets a neutral review from us. With some more information and research, this could be a great product. I’d just hold on to my money until there is more solid results. And keep in mind: This product contains crushed bugs. And you’re supposed to sprinkle it on your food. Yuck.

Ingredients: carmine, maltodextrin, milk, silicanatural, soy, tricalcium phosphate
    Sources: http://www.dietpillcritic.com/diet-pills/sensa/
    was copied and pasted from a diet review website:
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I tried it - it did not work all and I was completely compliant. I have heard (a few years later) that the 'scientific study results' they cite were paid for BY them and that is the only one they reference in the media, on their website, etc. It really, really doesn't work and is extremely expensive for what you are getting. Please don't waste your money!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    okay looking at the list of ingrediants what is supposed promote the feeling of fullness?

how?

the whole premise doesnt make sense except as an expensive placebo.

and even if there was an ingrediant that suppress the appitite, you are eating with the food, so by the time there would be any affect the meal is done
  • Paulette56
    Paulette56 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    and even if there was an ingrediant that suppress the appitite, you are eating with the food, so by the time there would be any affect the meal is done
    Excellent point.
  • st1nkypinky
    Options
    Seen it on the Rachel Ray show, looks horrible tasting. Just make healthier choices 1 step at a time!

10974506.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • staci82716
    Options
    I have been using Sensa for the past few days and it really does seem to work for me. One of my weaknesses is pizza and for the first time in my life I was able to eat one slice and walk away feeling content. I hope to continue seeing result from the product. I purchased it at GNC and they will accept a return if I am not happy with the product for any reason. I hate the idea of depending on something like this, but I need something to help me get the portion sizes under control.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Seen it on the Rachel Ray show, looks horrible tasting. Just make healthier choices 1 step at a time!

10974506.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

hmm if it is horrible tasting maybe that how it works,,, ohh my favorite food, lets sprinkle this on it, oh nasty, im done
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    If any pill or powder worked be ASSURED that the Pharmaceutical industry will jump on it to make a boat load of money. Any else is snake oil sales pitches to people who are desperate to lose weight.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    No