Sparkpeople is ending - so here I am!

Options
2»

Replies

• sharynann1
    sharynann1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a spark girl too....i did sign up for the new site,but not sure i will use it......I have been a member of MFP for a few years,but have not used it recently...I was starkcountygal on spark.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Catfish_Fan Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Nice to see so many Sparkpeople users joining me in getting used to a different format. I am disappointed with Spark but change doesn't always have to be a bad thing. I'm hoping to get some of the benefits I received from Sparkpeople here too.
  • rondajo56
    rondajo56 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. If your looking for motivation, encouragement, help, and some old fashion love--- Come join NEEDING SUPPORT WITH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS group. The Leader is a team leader from Spark people. Everyone is welcome to join our team.. Hope to see everyone there. Now remember we are just getting started--- and this site is different so lets learn together. And you don't have to be an old sparker to join!! Everyone is welcome and we would love to see you there!!!
  • Jacqpra
    Jacqpra Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I’m here too! I’m sad that we are leaving Spark, but this has been fun so far…. I’m logging in and have lost 5 pounds! Yahoo!
  • mizzbee3
    mizzbee3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also switching from Sparkpeople. It is a shame they are shutting down.
  • sharonlee422
    sharonlee422 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm coming back to MFP. I've been on SparkPeople, but never got into that. I was using LoseIt for a while. Then I joined a gym with fitness program, and they count "direct macros" so no tracker works well for that. I'm back now, but wonder is it worth the cost to go premium? $80 a year is a lot for a tracker.
  • debbiejterp
    debbiejterp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also a SparkPeople migration here. Looks like there's quite a few of us!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    SparkPeople refugee here! 🙋🏼‍♀️
  • JJOYNOW
    JJOYNOW Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello from another SP migrant. 😁
  • visual_echo
    visual_echo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm a fellow former Sparker as well. I was there since 2006, and had a lot of success when I was consistently using it. :) I was heartbroken when I saw they were closing it down, and as a Canadian I couldn't participate in their new site.

That said, I've been playing around with MFP and while it's not the same, it has a lot of similar functionality, and I like how it syncs so nicely with my Garmin.
  • spdewina
    spdewina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    From Spark as well.. didnt see it coming and now looking for a good place for motivation and trackers
  • rondajo56
    Options
    Hi Sparkers!!! I sent everyone a friend request. I hope we all can become friends.
    I'm doing a BINGO challenge for the whole month of July. I would love for you to join us. I have it on my blogs.. It's a place I can seem to find easily. Here's the link: https://myfitnesspal.com/blog/rondajo56/view?id=love-my-life-wl-challenge-1-month-bingo-992357#comments

Also I belong to a group that has sparkers in it called: Needing Support with Losing Weight https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/members/140736-needing-support-with-losing-weight

Here's another group that will help you learn your way around: Sparkers Index ;https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140849-sparkers-index

I seen a bunch of spark groups out there but I can't find them now.

jlnpo8k8p55a.jpg
  • mcfitz44
    mcfitz44 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Also a sparker.
  • rondajo56
    Options
    Hi
  • MarieNYCA
    MarieNYCA Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm starting to get used to this site. I'm also doing Fat Secret since half my Sparks teams went there too.

• highalpine1
    highalpine1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I also will miss spark people. I was going on 15 years with them. I think it is so sad that they are closing down. They have a new on that has started,but I do not think much of it. I am staying with SP till the end. I started a group on here also. I am still trying to figure out this site. I am going to miss my teams from SP like my cancer team, Idaho team and The private one I was with. Have a lot of friends that I have gotten there private emails so we can keep in touch. I hope to get used to this site. I will really miss my food tracker that I had all my foods in with all my CALORIES, CARBS, FAT, PROTEIN, FIBER amounts. I do not know if this site lets you put the foods and nutrient amounts in. Doing a search on here does not always give you the right one. I also did a lot of my own recipes that I made from scratch with the amounts. That was another feature that you could put foods in and it figured out the
    nutrient info per serving.
    Everyone on here I hope has a great weekend and God Bless
  • 100poundproject
    100poundproject Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was also on Sparkpeople from 2009 as jamiemarie922. I'm going to miss the blogs and messages. I made friends there and I kept up with them over the years. There are some friends that I can't contact because I don't know them outside of SP.