Running/Walking Motivation App

Options
I hate running. I have always hated running, but I realized last year that it was time for me to incorporate running into my fitness regimen. I checked my app store for some type of running motivation and found "Zombies, Run" ... Its a story line based radio communication type app. The base communication talks to you, sends you on missions, and you pick up supplies along the way (like a tin/can of food or weapons). Your speed is tracked via GPS and if your zombie option is on you will randomly get a warning of incoming Zombies and you have to increase your speed 20% to evade them (can personalize speed increase rate). I completed my first 12 minute mile yesterday which was a huge accomplishment for me.

If your wanting something to make your walk or run less boring, I'd recommend it. There are also other run options in the app, like a dinosaur run but I've stuck with the Zombie storyline. Would recommend 100%. 😁

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    When I want something to make my walk less boring I take the bike. 🙂

If you're able to find something you enjoy, with or without the help of anything, you're in a good place.
  • iam4scuba
    iam4scuba Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I zone out during my runs but this does sound very interesting. I wonder if this could later become like a VR game on some sort of exercise machine.