New

Options
Just getting serious about losing weight. I need 50 off as soon as possible. Any tips would be welcome.
Kay

Replies

• Sixteen_Tons
    Sixteen_Tons Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Measure everything, & log, log, log, your food. Don't lie to yourself, if you have a day when you miss your goal, accept it, try and figure out why, and develop strategies to avoid the issue again.

There is no wrong diet, find something that fits your tastes and lifestyle and roll with it. If it's not an exact fit change it.

Most of all don't quit, the only sure thing in life is if you give up you won't succeed.

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Unless you have serious health risks linked to being overweight, I'd try to steer clear of "as soon as possible" thinking, since it's less likely to lead to sustainable and long-term weight loss. Make changes you can follow long-term, not just 'until I reach my goal', and don't be overly restrictive (too few calories and/or eliminating your favorite foods).

Wishing you success!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,484 Member
    Options
    Agree with both posters above.

Weigh accurately, log honestly, be consistent and be patient.

Don’t expect it to come off quickly, and expect “plateaus” as well as ups and downs daily, weekly, monthly. It’s all part of the process.

Know that salt, monthlys, stress, travel, sore muscles, over exercise, constipation, sudden carb-y binges all contribute to temporary- and sometimes substantial- water weight gain.