Tips on how not to eat past 7

Options
i can snack all day, i can eat all day if i could, i have trained myself just to eat even when im not hungry and i really just need as many tips as possible so i can beat this eating addiction and start my life.

Replies

• springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Go to sleep? If I start getting hungry, I go to sleep.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have a green tea after dinner
  • uchaniece
    Options
    but i have to stay up because most of the time im working and i try to drink water to fill up but because i have snacked for so long its very hard to just stop.
  • Foxzy
    Foxzy Posts: 38
    Options
    Plan your meals and snack ahead of time. If you eat something in a bag, just measure it out beforehand. Don't bring any money for the snack machines. Drink lots of water. You can do this girl!
  • AlwaysSarah87
    Options
    Yeah I do busy stuff at night to keep me busy and not eating. Like cleaning or stepping while watching tv. If I do snack its on almonds or a banana.I also space out what I eat longer in the day. I try to go 3.5 hours during the day so I can eat a lil more later on at night.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to stop eating after 7:00, just make sure you stay within your calories for the day.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    i can snack all day, i can eat all day if i could, i have trained myself just to eat even when im not hungry and i really just need as many tips as possible so i can beat this eating addiction and start my life.

I'm all about the Behavior Modification. Every time you want a snack, do 10 jumping jacks. If you still want the snack after them then have a small (healthy) snack. If the jumping jacks make you feel like you don't need the snack then yay! :)

I'm half serious. I love snacks. And I eat anytime I'm hungry, no matter the time. I just try to eat well through the day and never let myself get so hungry that I eat whatever is in front of me. And I try to always eat healthy filling snacks.

Almonds, Pistachios, boiled eggs, Fruit, carrots, celery, kashi bars, crispy minis, peanut butter toasts, raisins, yogurt mmmmm
  • uchaniece
    Options
    what brand is the green tea?
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    but i have to stay up because most of the time im working and i try to drink water to fill up but because i have snacked for so long its very hard to just stop.

Celery, cucumbers if you have to eat. Really low in calories, and mostly water then. I think one large cucumber is about 50 calories with the peel. 50 won't do you much harm at all.
  • uchaniece
    Options
    thanks so much :love:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Just say no! Or have somebody else tell you no. I would eat everything in the house, including the curtains, if I could get away with it.
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    They say when you start to feel hungry, drink some water wait and then the hunger should go away. Who "they" are, I don't know, and how long you're to wait, I don't know. All I know is your body thinks it's hungry as you've been feeding it when not to. So we just have to let it know that you're really not hungry at all. Good luck.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Guzzle a 20 oz bottle of diet coke. It fills you up.
  • newmommynewfitme
    Options
    Brush your teeth and use a very strong minty type toothpaste eating after brushing is gross and also come on do you REALLY want to have to brush again . Also don't have snack stuff easily available if possible because if you don't have it , how likely are you to go out and get it ? For me not at all. Drink water with lemon..."Lemon has a decent amount of pectin fiber in it, which helps in assimilating sugar quickly into blood stream.
    This pectin fiber also helps in reducing cravings or hunger. Thus it indirectly aids weight loss by reducing your cravings for food! So instead of trying to kill hunger with coffee or tea, just have a glass of lemon water! This combined with its detoxifying effects, makes lemon water consumption a great way of reducing weight. "
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I like peppermint tea in the evenings. But, if I must eat when not hungry (doesn't matter what time of the day), I choose vegetables. Someone mentioned cucumbers - excellent choice!
  • ItsMeLori
    Options
    They say brush your teeth.
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If you are up late then you should plan a snack. There is nothing wrong with eating after 7pm but you shouldn't go more than 5-6 hours without eating. I eat 5 times a day (6 if I am up early to exercise) and I only eat back half of my exercise calories (I keep my daily intake at about 1,600k).
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    what brand is the green tea?

I generally just by whatever is on special there all much of a muchness currently I am using Nerada Organics. Usually it's Tetley or twinnings. You can get flavoured greent tea as well such as vinalla, lemon, jasmine etc. Those are not to bad either. Just find one that works for you
  • uchaniece
    Options
    They say when you start to feel hungry, drink some water wait and then the hunger should go away. Who "they" are, I don't know, and how long you're to wait, I don't know. All I know is your body thinks it's hungry as you've been feeding it when not to. So we just have to let it know that you're really not hungry at all. Good luck.

thanks
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I love green tea, usually just purchase whatever one works for me. Right now, Lipton green tea is really nice