Best Female Multivitamins?

Options
I was just wondering what you use as a multivitamin or what you believe is the best? I am currently not taking one and would like to start because I am lacking some of my vitamins at the end of the day! Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds silly, but I take children's vitamins, two a day. The adult ones, especially One a Day, make me ill when I take them without a full stomach. Not just with a small meal, but I have to feel STUFFED before I could take one of them without getting sick. A lot of folks here may tell you to take One a Day Women's, but if you find you're getting nauseous after taking them, try two tablets of Flintstone's vitamins. The chewable ones have iron, so I take those (not the gummies). My doctor recommended that to me, and it's been working great.

I also take Biotin (my hair is growing NONSTOP from it), a B Complex, and a Viactiv Chew. I'm kind of a vitamin freak! lol
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I personally take Vitafusion Multi-Vites Gummy Vitamens.

They can be found at Walmart or Target for about 6 dollars.. They taste so yummy and are much easier to take then pills.
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I was taking the Women's Sport multivitamins from Vitamin World before I got pregnant. In addition to the vitamins and minerals they had herbal complexes for female health and glucosamine and chondroitin for joints.
  • agarris4
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! I have heard that about One A Day, my friend used to take them and she got really sick as well. The other ones mentioned are the ones I looked at Walmart today!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    i use the gummy ones when I remember to take them. I agree that the One A Days are HUGE and I can't swallow them along with the fact they make me ill, too!
  • nmitch415
    Options
    I personally take Vitafusion Multi-Vites Gummy Vitamens.

They can be found at Walmart or Target for about 6 dollars.. They taste so yummy and are much easier to take then pills.

me too, i enjoy taking the gummies, kinda like a treat
  • Ivanna80
    Options
    I like Opti-women by Optimum Nutrition (Pink and Black bottle)
  • kristinathenina
    Options
    Flintstones complete chewables- only vitamin i have ever taken that didnt make me nauseous
  • mimi2kk
    mimi2kk Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like GNC's Women's Ultra Mega Vitamins. Unlike others I've tried I can take them on an empty stomach without getting sick.
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    You should be careful about taking children's vitamins: they are formulated for children. The idea for "adult gummies" is better.
    I take women's one-a-day, but can only take it after I eat. I also sometimes take half in the morning and half in the evening. I've read that the body has a hard time absorbing the vitamins all at once, so taking half and half can help maintain levels in your system.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    the absolute best is prob AOR Orthrocore but it's expensive. there are other good multis on the market but a lot depends on your goals. some other good ones Source Naturals Life Force, Controlled Labs Orange Triad, Gaspari Anavite, SAN DR Goodfood