Treadmills

Options
So I was just thinking that I might get a treadmill for days that I'd rather stay inside (watching TV) rather than walk outside. I'm thinking very simple, manual - nothing fancy at all. Does anyone have one that they've had luck with and could recommend?

Replies

• jules1476
    Options
    So I was just thinking that I might get a treadmill for days that I'd rather stay inside (watching TV) rather than walk outside. I'm thinking very simple, manual - nothing fancy at all. Does anyone have one that they've had luck with and could recommend?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard you would just be wasting your time with a manual one...I would spend a little more on a motorized one. I have one from Academy Sports for years now and have never had a problem...wait, knock on wood, I would know what to do without it!!! Sorry, not at home, at work and cant think of the brand. But I am sure more people will reply...good luck!!
  • OntheSand
    Options
    I have to say - my mom bought this one from KMart, then I went out and bought the same one and it has been AMAZING!!! I strongly suggest getting this treadmill!!

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_080W599974110001P?keyword=treadmill

It's the Weslo Cadence 55 treadmil!

Best of luck to you!!!

Janis
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    We have one from Sears - proform or something like that. It's probably one of their cheaper ones that would let us walk/run between 4-6 miles an hour - but it was still $600 or so - but it paided off by not getting a gym membership). The only problems we've had with it have come from having a 2-5 year olds around it (balls getting under the belt::grumble: and getting a penny stuck in it). We've had it for 2.5 years and don't know what I'd do without it.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I have a Nordic Track treadmill and I love the built in fans on the console. I worked out at a gym a few weeks ago and I really missed them. I agree with the previous posts to spend a little extra and get the motorized. I think that you'll be more satisfied in the long run. (no pun intended. :laugh: )GL!
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    I got a NordicTrack about 6 weeks ago and I really like it. Don't know your price range - I saved my Christmas money and bought a pretty decent one. It's the 3500 series - about $1000. Haven't had any problems with it at all - has most the bells and whistles - fan, Ipod connection, goes up to 12 MPH and does up to a 12% incline. Can handle about 325 pounds. We like it - I use it almost every day. I'm not sure what there is out there for cheaper models, though.
  • jlohern
    jlohern Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a Proform Crosswalk 405E. I got it from Sears the day after Thanksgiving. They were having a huge sale! It's a step up from their bottom model, and it was $450. I love it! My mom also has the same brand and she has been using hers daily for 2+ years. Keep an eye out for sales and other incentives. Many places will let you make big purchases like these with 0% financing for 6-12 months. Just make sure to pay it off by the end of the promotional period or you will be hit with all the interest you saved.