Help me! Heeeellllllpppp meeeeeee!!!

Options
I've been trying really hard to get up to 1200 after exercise, but I just can't do it. I've felt sick for the past 2 days from eating so much! Any suggestions?

Replies

• lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    ive seen several folk mention things like Almonds or peanut butter as high density cals in little package.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    do you spread your food at throughout the day? That tends to help me.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I've been trying really hard to get up to 1200 after exercise, but I just can't do it. I've felt sick for the past 2 days from eating so much! Any suggestions?

You don't have to eat MORE, just add things that are higher in calories.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    eat small snacks every 3-4 hours...check my diary for suggestions.

i set cellphone alarm reminders when i first started to increase my metabolism. your body gets so used to survive on so little that it isn't "hungry" any more, but after a week it'll be "normal" again.

good luck! increasing your calories is a good thing...so is eating!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    avocado is a great high calorie, healthy fat snack
  • katikaboom
    katikaboom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, I eat almonds, and I spread my food through the day normally, (peanut butter is kind of grossing me out right now. I'm not sure why) but I still cannot get up there. I've tried adding olive olive, and I know milk would help,eating but i'm also lactose intolerant. I'm very healthy food, and without exercise in my routine I can get up to 1200, more or less. But with it, it's just become an impossible task for me. My doctor put me on Welbutrin a few months ago to help with my depression and ADD, and I know this is what is making me just not hungry, ever, and that is making it harder to loose weight because 8I cannot eat the amount that I need to. But I also know I cannot function without it.
    Today I was able to take in 1500, but I feel so sick, and I still need another 450 or so. Should I just add chicken to every meal?
  • katikaboom
    katikaboom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I completely forgot about avocado! Thank you so much! I can add that for sure!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Walnuts are ridiculously high in calories for the amount you get and healthy to boot!
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    One of my FAVORITE snacks is to take 2 tablespoons of home-made, organic raw almond butter, and spreading it onto green apple slices.

It gives me a protein/carb mix to get my energy up and prevent a sugar crash later, it's dense in calories, and it leaves me feeling satisfied without feeling heavy and overly full.

You can also spread it on celery.

If you add some Greek yogurt with your fruit, that'll add another 80-120 calories on top of the fruit. I know that many people who are lactose intolerant can still have yogurt.

Slice an avocado in half, use a knife to cut the avocado into cubes (don't cut through the skin). Scoop the cubes into a bowl. Dice a tomato and add to the avocado. Sprinkle with salt, cilantro and lime juice. Toss.

Serve this salsa with chicken or fish. Also good if you take out the tomato and use mango instead!

If you can have cheese, 1oz of cheddar cheese has arouind 110-115 calories. So add some to those eggs or on a pita sandwich.

If you're eating yogurt.. put 1 - 2 teaspoons of coconut oil into your yogurt. Mix well, then put back in the fridge for 15 minutes. The coconut oil adds fun, crunchy texture to your yogurt, without adding much flavor, but that'll up the calorie content of your yogurt by about 60 calories.

Dice tomatoes, dice mozzarella cheese. Toss with basil, olive oil and salt. So yummy!

Butter... butter from grass fed cows is a very healthy fat. 1 Tablespoon will add about 80 calories to your meal.. so put some on those veggies.

Good luck!

God bless!