Tips on how not to eat past 7

Options
2»

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't know what brand of green tea the other poster drinks, but I like Lipton with berry flavor. I can easily drink it unsweetened. The generic berry flavored green tea tastes bitter, and I have to add sugar to enjoy it.
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    I chew the hell outta some gum. Extra Mint Chocolate Chip to be exact.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My trainer tells me to drink water to the point of being uncomfortably full. It'll fill you up without adding calories. And if you're uncomfortably full you're way less likely to do the "mindless snacking" that can kill a diet! It works for me!!

God bless!
  • haddock21409
    haddock21409 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lipton green tea is so good but try to do a caffiene free kind also caffiene free with diet soda too but it helps curb hunger. Caffiene causes dehydration which then tells your body to store whatever water you have making it harder for you to lose weight. Also the more water you drink the less you body hangs onto!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    but i have to stay up because most of the time im working and i try to drink water to fill up but because i have snacked for so long its very hard to just stop.

Celery, cucumbers if you have to eat. Really low in calories, and mostly water then. I think one large cucumber is about 50 calories with the peel. 50 won't do you much harm at all.

All good ideas. Low calorie snacks are really good for late night muchies. And its ok to eat at night, just make sure your saving up your calories. I naturally get hungry again after dinner because i don't go to bed until midnight most nights. So I try to save up about 200-250 calories for the evening.

I've also been told by a trainer (and read it many times on MFP), that having a snack before bed, as long as its a snack, not a heavy meal, is actually a good thing. Because we sleep 6-12 hours, and not eating anything. So having a snack an hour or so before bed can help you feel satisfied, and ready to eat a nice healhty breakfast in the AM. :)

** the gum and brushing your teeth advice is good too. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to stop eating after 7:00, just make sure you stay within your calories for the day.
    This. Unless you're over in calories eating after 7 is fine. I just ate a snack and it's after 10 here.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't make things even harder for yourself by stressing about time restrictions.
    Plan your meals and snacks so you know you have available to eat and how many calories you have left.
    If you want an evening snack, this is absolutely fine but you do have to make sure you have the calories available for it :)
    And make sure you haven't set your daily calorie allowance too low. So many people here seem to eat 1200 cals but there is a good chance you can eat more and still lose weight. If you have more cals in a day, you have more choices!
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    Have a glass of almond milk. There is no sugar and it tastes sweet. It makes a light night snack.