Your best McGyverish fix

ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
For those who don't know who McGyver is, think duct tape fixes everything. Heck, the man could save the day with dust bunnies. :)

So we had the walls redone and now our shower curtain rod doesn't fit(getting a new one anyways); contractor was going to cut this, cut that, make it work. I suggested we just remove end caps and place washcloths between the newly painted walls and sharper rod edges. Haha Looks unsightly but works like a charm with little extra effort.

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    had a broken tailpipe bracket with the pipe hanging free once. rigged it up in place with a wire clothes hanger until I could get a new bracket
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited December 2020
    Gripper-turny tool Love it. :)

@amorfati601070 Don't mean to appear stupid but WTH is that thing?
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,012 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Gripper-turny tool Love it. :)

@amorfati601070 Don't mean to appear stupid but WTH is that thing?

I get asked that same question when i whip out my uponor 😁
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Probs not McGyveresque...but nail glue fixes leaks, holes, bonds fingers together, and even keeps that little ring that attaches to my showerhead in place

Also can be used to close up those winter time cracks in my fingertips so I can continue to wash dishes all day every day
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Bumping this thread. I love learning about hacks.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I once needed a broken ceiling fan replaced.

So I called a repairman.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,356 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    My car engine was once making a funny noise.

So I turned up the stereo.

Next time remove the Mariah Carey christmas cd
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    My most proud fix was when my daughter was a baby she wouldn’t sleep without being rocked so I got her automated rocking chair and tied it up with rope to her Moses basket so it rocked her to sleep. Saved so many sleepless nights 🤣🤣
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    This is not a fix but a work around. My touchscreen in my car stopped working and instead of getting it fixed I’m just toting a mini speaker around in my passenger seat so I can still enjoy music and my gps. 😅