Postpartum Mamas

Options
Just curious what postpartum mamas used a belly wrap. I haven’t decided yet whether or not I want to use mine or if it’s beneficial… there’s so many articles that say it is and so many that say it isn’t.

Any experience or thoughts would be appreciated :)

Replies

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I did not use one, but I didn't start my healthy eating and weight loss journey until I was 6 months post partum. I didn't use one and I don't think I missed out on anything.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I have heard from a few friends of mine who had C-sections that they felt it helped them with recovery. I have worn a maternity belly band during the first few months postpartum when my regular clothes don't quite fit right yet, or used it as shapewear . But I've never used the specific type of wrap you're talking about and don't really find it necessary. But if you have it and want to try it, why not?
  • ccdillavou
    ccdillavou Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought one and used it inconsistently. When I DID wear it for several hours, I could tell a difference after taking it off, but it seemed temporary. Probably because if my inconsistency lol
  • Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I did not use one. I didn’t find it necessary personally.
  • Katie43210
    Katie43210 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    l39tb803kbzd.jpg
    This is me nearly 2 weeks after birth he was 7lbs 12oz I used something similar it was a very tight compression top that went under breast to bottom of tum I also breastfed which I think helped 😊 I got the top from eBay I think it helped and felt better holding everything in as tummy feels weird after birth doesn't it! 💕💕💕