BistroMD

Options
Have you or anyone you know used BistroMD meal delivery plans?

Thanks!

Replies

• whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have used it, but it was a couple years ago so I don't know if the quality has changed. I ordered lunches/dinners, but not breakfast or snacks. I was impressed with the quality and taste of the food, and I thought they had excellent customer service. I would use them again.
  • KatK346
    KatK346 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have used them in the past (as recently as this year). I order from Balance by BistroMD so I don't have to join the subscription meal plan. Overall, I find their food pretty good, except for the fish dishes which always seem to be dry. I don't order breakfasts, just lunch/dinner. I have lost weight using BistroMD, but gain it right back. It helps me with portion control. Unfortunately, it's pretty expensive. But it is super nice to just be able to reach into the freezer and pop a pretty tasty, healthy meal into the microwave.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I ate BistroMD for a month or so, in 2019. Honestly, I did not like the food. It wasn't "terrible" but I found it bland and exceedingly costly for what it was and some of the dishes were actually pretty bad at the level of just tossing them in the bin and eating something else. My wife disliked their food too. We had better luck with a different meal delivery service. I don't know if things have changed since then.
  • tiffanyleilarsen
    tiffanyleilarsen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree with lgfrie. I did it at the beginning of summer this year and most of the meals were boarderline at best. There were definitely meals that I threw away and went hungry rather than eat them. And they were always out of the few things that were really good. Or they would say they had it and than substitute it with something else when the order came. It's supposed to have the biggest selection of meals but only about ten meals are actually available to you when you order.
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I buy from Balance by BistroMD as mentioned above. I know which of their meals I like, and I find it helps me to have something healthy that I like in the freezer when things are hectic.
  • sixxfan58
    sixxfan58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started BistroMD and I did order the extra snacks. So far, the food has been typical frozen fare, but I like having a quick go to and it is giving me some ideas for things I could make at home as well. I actually cancelled today after having just received my second box because the price jumped so much $217.40/week for 7 day lunch/dinner + snacks. However, I am planning continue ordering the protein bars from Balance by BistroMD because they taste so much better than many of the others I have tried.