When do you work out?

Options
I'm having a hard time finding time to work out. I get up in the morning at 530am to get ready for work and get the kids ready for school. I get home from work about 6 or 630, sometimes later. Then the fun starts, kids homework, supper, baths, and running them to and from their sporting events and cub scout meetings. This is five days a week. My husband works out of town so that just leaves me. I have tried to get up earlier but I find it very hard to get up at 430am. Will I ever get used to getting up that early or motivated enough? Suggestions please, I'm gettting frustrated.

Replies

• PlumLovin
    Options
    Can you walk at any of the kids practices? I see tons of women walking while their kids are having football & cheer practice right now. You may be able to find a friend to walk with you & that will keep you on track even more. Just a suggestion....
  • jesscowart0501
    jesscowart0501 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    sounds like your getting all the exercise you need but i have about the same schedule as you and i have to fit mine in during work...i go walk 1 mile as fast or as "brisk" as possible on my lunch break. it takes about 20 minutes.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Can you walk at any of the kids practices? I see tons of women walking while their kids are having football & cheer practice right now. You may be able to find a friend to walk with you & that will keep you on track even more. Just a suggestion....
    or on your lunchbreak? That's how I started my weight loss journey.

If you can get up at 5, you can always sqeeze in a 30 day shred video.
  • etromb50
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Someone recommended to me walking during my break. Or you can always squeeze a couple of work outs in the weekend. Good luck on your journey!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I get up early except for today I was a slacker. I find that in the evenings I will not work out no matter how good my intentions. I work full time as well plus I go to school at night for 20hrs a week and a son who seems to be involved in everything. I know it is hard but getting up early does get easier especially when you see the numbers dropping.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    What about taking a walk around the neighborhood after you put the kids to bed? Or talking a walk with them after dinner. Walk around the parking lot after you drop them off. You can find time! Good luck!
  • odessablondie
    odessablondie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am soooo not a morning person so there is no getting up early to exercise here. I do it sometime after I eat dinner and before I go to bed. :)
  • bonogul
    bonogul Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    one thing that might help is to get ready for the morning before you go to bed. I am a guy so its pretty easy to say this for me. But taking a shower before bed and getting few things ready before bed makes it much easier for me to get out of the house fast in the morning. So this way i can sleep little later in the night.
    also don't forget, although exercise is a great way to stay healthy but in my opinion 80% of weight management is diet, so don't beat yourself up because you can't get much exercise in.

Good luck :)