30lb before my 30th bday

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Jessica, I'm 29 years old and have a goal of losing 30 lbs, starting today, before my 30th birthday in February. Ideally I'd love to lose more by then, but I feel this is an obtainable goal and would love some friends to do this with! A bit more info about me: I am 5'5 and 180lb. My ultimate goal is to just be healthy and happy with my body but I'd imagine somewhere around 130 is where I'd like to end up! If you have similar goals, or just want a friend to lose weight with, please add me as a friend and send a message!

I look forward to doing this together...thanks for reading! :)

Replies

• RUDYG5K
    RUDYG5K Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me. I’m Looking for friends for support on my loosing weight Journey.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jessica, I'm pretty old (65) and a deplorable MFP friend (more of a Community forum gal), but I just wanted to pop in with encouragement: I started out just about where you are (5'5", 183) and lost to 130 in just about the amount of time you're targeting, back in 2015. I think it can be a little fraught to set a goal to reach a specific weight by a specific date, because the process can be somewhat unpredictable, but I'm confident you can accomplish amazing things on the weight loss/health/fitness front by next February. Wishing you an excellent outcome!
  • MightyKitez
    MightyKitez Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We have a similar goal and a similar time frame! I wanna get to 126lb by January. I'm 5'3 and 160lb right now, but struggling to get started. Down to add if you're cool with that
  • boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and currently 201 lbs. My birthday is also in February and I'd like to get down to at least 175 by then while also building some muscle. We can be friends if you'd like!
  • Ems173
    Ems173 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 30 in March are have decided that although I don't have a specific weight goal to reach by then, I have an aesthetic goal and body fat % goal. I think the extra motivation and inspiration from adding others in the same boat is awesome and a good kick up the bahookey to keep going 🤣 💪🏻