Binge eating for 24h > gained back the lost weight

Options
It was just one day. I cheated one day. :(
it was my wife’s birthday. <3
she said “don’t worry. eat what you want.” :p
Haha. I wanted chocolate cakes. There’s no one to stop & I ate as much as I could. :p
24h later I realised that I just gained the weight :s which I lost previously after working out for two weeks!
come on man !! :(
that’s so depressing. can’t we just deserve a day of freedom :/ or still there are some rules in that day also.

Replies

• DrSelfish1131
    DrSelfish1131 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have Gained back around 3.3 lbs (1.5kg).

"For me, I do allow myself a cheat meal about once a week, but even on that day, I stick to my calorie goal" - maybe in your cheat meal you don't cheat that much.

"deprivation/punishment vs. "freedom" mindset you seem to have about health and fitness is probably not setting you up for long-term success"- but to Love the healthy food & healthy lifestyle constantly while everyone around you is chilling, enjoying tastier foods is difficult.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can be disheartening and discouraging to gain back weight that took so much effort to lose. :( BUT today's a new day and you have the opportunity to 1) get back to it or 2) let it drag you down and just keep going down the wrong path. Why IS it so much harder to lose and work off the weight than living healthy and within calorie guidelines?? :) Let it be a learning experience for you but not a reason to quit!! BTW I'm pretty sure most of us do this sometimes. So try not to remain depressed or feeling guilty about. I used to hold onto those depressing/guilty feelings for far too long but now I just start right over the next morning.
  • DrSelfish1131
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Let it be a learning experience for you but not a reason to quit!! BTW I'm pretty sure most of us do this sometimes. So try not to remain depressed or feeling guilty about. I used to hold onto those depressing/guilty feelings for far too long but now I just start right over the next morning.

Hopefully it will be a learning experience and won't allow the guilty feelings to overpower.
  • DrSelfish1131
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

You don't need to deprive yourself of tasty foods to lose weight, you just need to eat less of them. Moderation, not elimination.

Well said!
  • lucytalbot94
    lucytalbot94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have one cheat MEAL a week, not a cheat day because that allowed me to go a little overboard in the past!

Once a week, instead of chicken and veg, I'll have a pizza. Just once a week!

If I go for a meal one week, I skip the pizza and enjoy a meal out instead.

Of course you can have chocolate cake, but maybe stop at one slice next time? Things are more enjoyable in moderation anyway :)
  • DrSelfish1131
    Options

Of course you can have chocolate cake, but maybe stop at one slice next time? Things are more enjoyable in moderation anyway :)

1 slice! Ok, I will try. Thanks. :neutral:
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I would imagine the whole 3 lbs is not actual fat gain as that would be like eating an extra 10k calories and that would be a LOT of chocolate cake.

I feel ya though....I ate at a smaller than typical deficit this weekend and have gained 3 pounds myself. I just have to believe it will go back down.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    I would imagine the whole 3 lbs is not actual fat gain as that would be like eating an extra 10k calories and that would be a LOT of chocolate cake.

I feel ya though....I ate at a smaller than typical deficit this weekend and have gained 3 pounds myself. I just have to believe it will go back down.

Hmm, maybe it's water weight from all the damn rain we're having :) but I gained a #, when I really didn't think I would. But it's all good. Up down up down just like a seesaw, right? As long as we're not left stuck up in the air, I always hated that. :)