47 year old woman looking for accountability partners.....WOMEN ONLY!

Options
Greetings and salutations! My name is Amy. I’m 47 (I’ll be 48 in August), and I’m looking to lose about 56 pounds. I’ve been on and off MFP for years. The last friends I got out here have slowly become inactive. I am looking for like minded women who are serious about losing weight and getting healthy. Add me if this sounds like you! 🙃

Replies

• heidi4649
    heidi4649 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat! I’ll be 48 this year too. I’ve let my fitness slip these last few years, and need to lose about 30 pounds. I’d like to get back in to running. I was running half marathons a few years ago but rarely run anymore. I’ve gotten myself restarted with exercise and am currently doing Les Mills and FitOn classes.
  • ColtyHan
    ColtyHan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 43yo and lost 35lbs with MFP several years ago. It's crept back on so I'm trying to get back into the habit of being mindful of my eating. This is more fun with friends so you can add me if you'd like
  • samp8545
    samp8545 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I’m 38 and have lost 14 lbs since I started 4 weeks ago, I’ve loitered on this app for years but I finally feel this is my time and I’m dedicated to lose over 100lbs 🙈 it’s a lot I know but I will do it. Xx
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy, This is my first time on MFP & my first time really trying to lose weight (sadly I let myself get more than 100lbs over before I finally realized I needed to do something). I am 100% committed to this, trying to make small, manageable changes that will set me up for long term success. I am only a little bit into my journey, but so far so good. I just figured out how to send friend requests, so I sent one through to you
  • gorple76
    gorple76 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋 I’m 44 and been on and off here, up and down in weight for several years. Right now I’m half way through losing 50lbs and slowly getting back into running. Like @heidi4649 i used to run halfs, 10ks and once even a marathon. Right now 5k feels too much 😔.
  • Marjael
    Marjael Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just turned 50. I've been on MFP for years... too many years to be where I'm at... I sort of lost my mojo the last couple years, but I'm slowly getting back into healthy habits. I'm currently looking at over a 100 lb to lose - but like they say, it's not how many times you fall down, it's how many times you get back up. Running is my favorite cardio - just restarted with a couch to 5K, and I'm looking to get back to my monthly 100 mile goals.