2nd day and I am HUNGRY!

Options
Today is my second day of myfitnesspal and I am really liking it. I love tracking everything that I eat.. its very interesting just how fast those calories add up...I have to admit I am hungry...going from unlimited calories to very little calories is a little unnerving. As my friend says. "keep your eye on the prize"

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    it sucks sometimes! in a month, you'll be thinking "oh my gosh that has x calories, i'm not wasting my calories on that!" That is what I do every day. Helps keep me in check 95% of the time!
  • Merlsy
    Options
    Takes a bit to get your body used to less calories, it's only painful for the 1st week or two......after that it gets easier and easier. But remember, to adjust your calories the closer you get to your goal - your body wont need as many!

P.S - Water is your friend lol!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." :bigsmile:
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It gets better. Having smaller, high protein snacks through the day will help with that.
  • Staceyblewin
    Staceyblewin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling super hungry too... and I have to pee a lot (increasing my water by 400%) but I know if I just give it a couple of weeks, my body will adjust to the shock it's going through and soon the unlimited amount of calorie thing will make me sooo full.
  • jtbaddison
    jtbaddison Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Today is my second day of myfitnesspal and I am really liking it. I love tracking everything that I eat.. its very interesting just how fast those calories add up...I have to admit I am hungry...going from unlimited calories to very little calories is a little unnerving. As my friend says. "keep your eye on the prize"

I only started a month ago, but I figured I could give you a few things that helped me.

1) Oatmeal! at 150 calories per serving, it is low cal and it coats your stomach like cement. Instead of eating it for breakfast, I eat it in between meals, so I am not as hungry at meal time.

2) Junk Food makes me hungry! I started associating high calorie junk food with hunger, because I was always hungry if I ate something bad. If, however, I pounded chicken and broccolli, I was never hungry because I had plenty of calories left.

3) Exercise! If I was hungry, I quickly learned that I could go for a jog then eat, because I got extra calories from my exercise. Plus, it tends to reduce your hunger naturally (for awhile).

Hope these tips help!
  • 1myfit
    Options
    Your body will get used to it. First few days are a little tough.
  • lotuslion
    Options
    Make sure that you're getting enough protein and fiber. A lot of people who start trying to cut calories eat a lot of low-cal or fat-free versions of stuff they used to eat before, and a lot of those are empty calories, so you get hungry. Also, many times we mistake dehydration for hunger. If I start to feel munchy, I drink a glass of water, wait about 20 minutes, and evaluate if I'm really hungry or not. Veggies and fruits are your friends - they pack a lot of bang for the buck and make great snacks. I'm not sure if you're trying to eat 3 meals only or space it out with snacks, but I also try to eat every 3 hours. It's not a lot - a peach or a banana - but that also helps keep me feeling full all day. Hang in there!! :D
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I am at almost 250 consecutive days. It does get easier. Like someone said before, after a while you just look at something and decide not to waste your hard earned calories on it. Lots of protein and fiber will help alleviate hunger. Aim for smaller, more frequent meals. But don't stress over it...it will happen, be strong!
  • Sararainmaker
    Sararainmaker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was feeling this way too, then I upped my protein intake and feel just as stuffed as if I ate thanksgiving dinner!

Try having a tuna salad sandwich on whole wheat bread with low-fat mayonnaise for lunch, that one held me over till dinner time and I almost forgot to eat dinner yesterday! :D

Protein is good for you and is the building blocks for a healthy body. it will fill you up better than the carbs ever did!

Good luck, and you can DO IT! :)