Support, accountability & a kick in the pants

Options
50F with 100+ pounds to lose would love to give and receive support, encouragement and be truly held accountable.

I was once a Shape Magazine success story. I lost 85 pounds and kept it off for years. Depression and poor choices sent me spiraling to my heaviest weight ever. I’m not happy. I miss the woman I threw away. Excuses complacency are keeping me in my own private hell.

I want to be healthy, happy and a positive influence to my teenagers, before they fly the coop.

I deleted all my old friends and changed my profile to give myself the anonymity I need to be truthful, honest and real with myself.

I’d love some hard hitters to join me in this battle. People that are real, don’t pull any punches and are dedicated to not only their own victory, but to the success of their peers. People that are vulnerable, realistic and with a sparkle of perseverance that spark influence, motivation and inspire camaraderie.

I expect to give the same. I want to be a part of something great. Not a lone star, but a team. Who’s willing to fight with me?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    All the best to you! Shape is still around and I'm sure they'd love to hear about your journey progress too!
  • heidi4649
    heidi4649 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’d love to have a group for support and encouragement as well! I have about 30 pounds to lose, and am great at starting workout plans but not so great at sticking with them. Today starts week 2 of my current plan (a mix of Les Mills and FitOn classes plus lots of walks with the dog).
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi Mama530, This is my first time on MFP & my first time really trying to lose weight (sadly I let myself get more than 100lbs over before I finally realized I needed to do something). I am 100% committed to this, trying to make small, manageable changes that will set me up for long term success. I am only a little bit into my journey, but so far so good. I just figured out how to send friend requests, so I sent one through to you :smile:
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight several years ago, but it didn't last. However, then I was doing it for the wrong reasons. Now, I am doing it for myself, because I want to feel better and be healthier overall. I am currently just tracking calories, making healthier food choices and trying to increase my activity. I post a lot on my feed with my thoughts, progress and updates. I read every post someone makes and I try to encourage them on their way because that helps me too. I sent you a request :)
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I would qualify as motivational or someone who doesn't pull any punches, but I attempt to call out BS when I see it.

But I have been on here for 11+ years (mostly active) so I've got the persistence piece down, and I post about the good, the bad, and the ugly of my life, so feel free to add me.