Lost weight, feel fatter than ever!

Options
I can't explain it, I've lost 9kg now and I feel like my stomach is bigger than ever! I look in the mirror and I just feel gross. Don't think I'm bloated either. Very frustrating!

Replies

• Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Many of us are to some extent a bit (or a lot) body dysmorphic. What we see in the mirror isn't always the complete truth.

When we are bigger our brain can trick us into thinking "it's not that bad" and when we lose weight it's easy to become more critical of what's left.

Have you tried using a measuring tape as well as the scales? A couple of measurements around the stomach, bum and thighs would show you that you're getting smaller as well as lighter.

Good luck!
  • lucytalbot94
    lucytalbot94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    @Lietchi very true, if that is the case that is very frustrating as its my tummy that needs to go first!!

@Stockholm_Andy I used to use a measuring tape, bit terrified to give it a go as I was MUCH younger and slimmer ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,139 Member
    Options
    @Lietchi very true, if that is the case that is very frustrating as its my tummy that needs to go first!!

@Stockholm_Andy I used to use a measuring tape, bit terrified to give it a go as I was MUCH younger and slimmer ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

You want it to go first though, not exactly the same thing ๐Ÿ™‚ I mean, I get it. I've lost a lot of weight and I'm happy overall except my stomach. I'd love it for my body to just lose weight there from now on, but unfortunately we can't choose where we lose weight.
    We are our own worst enemy sometimes, focus on the good, 9kg is a great loss!
  • lucytalbot94
    lucytalbot94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Lietchi ๐Ÿ˜Š And congrats on your weight loss!

Bloomin' tummies, can't be told, can they!? Haha.
  • LizandroMar
    LizandroMar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah the opposite is true, when you get fatter you feel slimmer.