Low calorie but now low enough, disappointed...

Options
I'm so disappointed. I set a low calorie goal for myself and I keep surpassing it. It's still low but not my goal.I feel like I'm loosing. At this rate it's going to take forever to reach my goal. What do you guys tell yourself when your picking up a piece of bread or a snack to make yourself stop eating it? My meals are impeccable but my snacking ruins everything!

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    wait..im confused
  • fine4now
    Options
    I imagine that snack attached to my *kitten*. Stops me in my tracks every time. lol Well most of the time.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    wait..im confused

Me too. please re-phrase
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Pick up LOWER calorie snacks. Mushrooms are very filling and low in calories,under 20 per cup! A fresh cucumber with salt- under 10 calories. That and start your morning with high protein foods, it will help you keep full through the day.
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    1400 isn't too high...slow and steady wins the race :)

but my brother told me once when he was trying to lose weight that everytime he went to eat something "bad" that he would reach down and grab a roll of fat on his stomach and it would keep him from eating it lol!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal?

I wanted to eat something tonight that would have put me over my calorie budget. Sometimes I just need to remind myself that it will be there tomorrow and if I really want it, I can make room in my calorie budget then. I just find a way to fit them in or do a bit of extra exercise so I keep my net where it should be.
  • sameheartnewbeat
    Options
    I read a book all about dieting and exercise and one chapter was on cravings. Just like when you're in a relationship and find someone else attractive, you wouldn't go out and cheat right? Well, imagine food like that. It sounds silly, but it's a good point. Just because something looks delicious and appetizing at the moment, doesn't mean that those feelings will last.
    Or, arrange your meals throughout the day and limit how many calories are in each meal. (Example: Breakfast: 300 cals, Lunch, 400 cals, Dinner: 400 cals, and snacks: 100 cals.)
    Hope that helps.
  • lizluna
    lizluna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry, fixed it, now it makes seance.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I imagine that snack attached to my *kitten*. Stops me in my tracks every time. lol Well most of the time.

LOL! I need to try that one! :wink:
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I don't buy the bread or refuse it when at a restaurant. "If I eat that will I regret it later" that's what I ask myself often.
  • ItsMeLori
    Options
    1400 calories isn't a lot at all. You probably can still lose on that. 1200 is only if you are a true couch potato, my goal is set to lightly active and I get 1350 plus if I exercise. Exercise makes me hungry too. Don't stress. We have set our minds to believe you need to eat so little calories to lose but that isn't true anymore. A myth I guess :)
  • lizluna
    lizluna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Now how to do that subtly at work....lol!
  • nat102
    nat102 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

LOL love this
  • anjukins
    anjukins Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't know why this is helping me, but... I've been filling out my diary BEFORE eating... it's really helping me figure out how much wiggle room I have, and then if i'm feeling hungry, it's always fun to be like, 'oh! i have this and this left to eat today...'- or 'oh, i have 300 calories left, even with dinner planned! what fun and healthy thing can i feed myself before then?!' does that make sense?
  • afranklin07
    Options
    Try picking up healthier snacks, like grapes or something.You can do it and i no it is definitely not easy!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    When I'm tempted to snack I think about running out of calories and not being able to eat much for my favourite meal of the day...supper! That keeps me in line for most of the day. I'll grab a carrot or something to stop the hunger pang. I trained myself not to eat in the evenings over a year ago, so I find that part of the day usually not as challenging. Plus I have a decaf coffee, which makes me feel full for a while.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    lol! Too funny ! I will try that!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    My goal is 1,200, and boy did I struggle. I took a while to get in a groove and decide what I wanted/needed to give up. I loved my Caribou Coffee Campfire Mochas, but now I know that if I want it it needs to be skim with no whip, and it's still like 460 calories, which screws up my entire day, and I'm just hungry a little later. I want the Campfire mocha - I have to bike it off. It's that simple.

Right now I have a V-8 every morning, and choose between a protein bar and plain coffee or one of those canned mochas. That gives me like 210-250, and I find that as long as I keep my breakfast low I tend to end the day well. My husband's calorie goals and burning habits are higher than mine, so I have lately been keeping lunch as low as possible, too, with a chef salad or similar. I personally don't snack much - maybe that is the difference.

We have a local bread shop that is FANTASTIC, but I often stare at the slice and think "100 calories, minimum, for that piece of bread" and decide I would rather "spend" that 100 calories on something else. That usually works for me.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I enter the food before I eat to make sure it is worth the calories. I found a great low cal popsicle at Food Lion if you have a bit of a sweet tooth on snacks. It is the strawberry and it has 70 calories, no surgar but carbs and no protein so that is the pitfall. It's called Whole Fruit and they have different flavors. It is full of the actual fruit.
  • navjhaj
    Options
    I've taken to intense stationary bike workouts through out the day. 10-15 minutes at a time. Hard enough that I'm tired and sweating, even after 10-15 minutes. That burn about 20-22 calories a minute.

Not as time consuming as 40-60 minute straight workouts, but more intense. and burn more calories per minute.

That way, I can go, in terms of eating, 200-400 over my net calorie level (1520) and still lose weight.