i feel... blah

Options
:frown: im sick now and i have been eating too much for the past week. My mood and body are blah,i have no energy. i feel like eating my way to happiness:love: .
motivation please??:indifferent:
oh and is it ok to work out while sick.?

Replies

• alymarest
    Options
    :frown: im sick now and i have been eating too much for the past week. My mood and body are blah,i have no energy. i feel like eating my way to happiness:love: .
    motivation please??:indifferent:
    oh and is it ok to work out while sick.?
  • jessjess
    Options
    Nah, you shouldn't work-out why you're sick, or you'll never get better.
    Get some rest, but try to not "eat your way to happiness". :laugh: Make yourself some homemade veggie or chicken soup in the crock-pot and take it easy. You can never go wrong with veggies.
  • fatauntie
    Options
    i find when you get down, this web site is good because it counts your calories and you really see how much you have tried to loose weight, and how bad you are failing when you over eat. I have to say the holidays are a killer for motivation because everything you eat is loaded with calories, but just remember that you WILL feel better about your self because you look good and because you obtained your goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • melissa1405
    Options
    just remember today is a new day!!! Forget about what you have been doing and think about what you can do!!! Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!!!:smile: Just eat your vegtables as my trainer would say and get some rest!!! Watch some reruns of the biggest loser or discovery channel weight challenge, those always motivate me!!!! Good luck, and hope your feeling better!!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :heart: tomorrow is a new day just rest and eat soup and rest some more and you'll be better in a jiffy
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It is actually okay to workout when you are sick as long as you do not have any of the following:

-Fever
    -Upset stomach
    -Aches and pains in joints and muscles
    -Hacking cough or lung congestion

However, if you choose to workout when you are sick, stick to lighter, less intense exercises and try cutting your workout time in half. And if at any time you feel fatigured, start your cool down immediately and then stop. Also, keep it to an at-home workout as not to spread your germs at the gym.

As for your diet, try adding lots of fruits and veggies in there. Not only will they help satisfy your cravings but they will give you the much needed vitamins your poor, ill body needs right now! Good luck!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    It is actually okay to workout when you are sick as long as you do not have any of the following:

-Fever
    -Upset stomach
    -Aches and pains in joints and muscles
    -Hacking cough or lung congestion

However, if you choose to workout when you are sick, stick to lighter, less intense exercises and try cutting your workout time in half. And if at any time you feel fatigured, start your cool down immediately and then stop. Also, keep it to an at-home workout as not to spread your germs at the gym.

As for your diet, try adding lots of fruits and veggies in there. Not only will they help satisfy your cravings but they will give you the much needed vitamins your poor, ill body needs right now! Good luck!

In total agreement! The rule of thumb we go by with our athletes is that if it's from the neck up, you can exercise (unless accompianied by fever 'cause then you're contagious to everyone else too). Take it slow warming up as that will get all the crud to start flowing (take a pocketfull of tissues!) but you will be able to breathe better shortly after. Just go for a walk. It does not have to be high effort, but you will still have something to enter in your exercise log :wink:

The fresh air is sooooo good for anyone that has been cooped up. A trick I learned from my mom; If you're somewhere warm, or at least not freezing, open your windows for at least 20 minutes to get fresh air in your home; wash all your bed linens, and stick your pillows outside. This fresh bedding will rejuvinate your body and soul! Feel better soon :flowerforyou:
  • nuttey
    nuttey Posts: 10
    Options
    dont worry it happens to all of us!! you'll do good when your health gets better

i thought i was the only one who has been feeling that way!!
    I havent logged my food diary for the past 2 weeks when I started a cold , I went to the gym burnt 350 cals but then went to the restaurant and ate and ate and ate. For the past 4 days i have been eating a lot of chocolates and then when I go to sleep i feel guilty!!
    I managed to stay away from all the sweets during thanksgiving but Christmas has been so difficult.

hmm - tomorrow is going to be a new day and in 3 days we have a new year- we can always make new resolutions can't we!!!
    lets join together and get back on track!
  • alymarest
    Options
    :happy: WOW thnk you every one...
    you guys have a lot of good advice.
    I've never heard of putting my pillows out side before. i think i'll try it.
  • KylieE
    KylieE Posts: 40
    Options
    I love this website. I know this post was written a long time ago, but it is helpful to me now even! I am sick for the last few days with a sore throat and a very slight fever. I have been feeling sorry for myself and wanting to eat more. Yesterday was BAD with how much I ate. I will stick to veggies and fruit and just "veg" out today with a light work-out.

Thanks guys!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    it depends what kind of sickness you have- if you just have a the sniffles a brisk walk- (Not run or jog but a walk)- can help loosen the mcus that makes your head feel as it were stuffed with cotton.

But a fever chills, muscle aches, a sore throat or a cough accompanies your cold- take a pass on your sweat session- because it can lower your immune system and make it worse- (thats what I did and I missed days of workouts and work as well)

I found this in the Fitness Magazine
  • KylieE
    KylieE Posts: 40
    Options
    Thank you so much! Yeah it will be best for me to just chill today... I appreciate the input! :flowerforyou: