From 300 to 149

Kaylabaila
Kaylabaila Posts: 20 Member
Well, I've officially lost half of myself. I maintained at around 165 for 2 years. I was ok with that. I was going through a divorce and problems at work on top of having a baby midst my weightloss journey. A few months back though I decided to really focus on it. And found it in myself to get my dedication back. I can say this last 15lbs has been tough but worth it. Being 5'3, I still want to get to 135 for a healthy BMI. I'm hoping this post will get some more friends on here. And maybe point me in the direction of people dealing with the same issues as me when it comes to the body dismorphia. I can't be the onlydpum58m6zx8f.jpg
igly0os0kny5.jpg
one...

Replies

• Nikki542687
    Nikki542687 Posts: 47 Member
    Way to go! You look amazing and I can imagine that you feel so much better in many ways, physically and mentally.
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Bravo for taking charge of your life and health. You are an inspiration!! :)
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    omg! That is amazing!!!!!
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Awesome, and very inspiring!
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Awesome work. ❤️
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Way to go! I’m glad that you found the dedication to meet your goal. That must feel great.

I find that when I look at a full view in the mirror it is much harder to see the changes than when I see myself in photos. And I can definitely see the change more when I am wearing clothes than naked. Having been up and down the scale most of my life, (more up than down), I don’t have a clear perception of how I look. (I’ve lost 60 lbs and have 55 to go.)

And I don’t know if I’ve helped you at all! 😝
  • stuntin666
    stuntin666 Posts: 15 Member
    2009-2013: 225 pounds
    2013-2015: 163 pounds
    2015-2018: 217 pounds
    2018-2021: 175 pounds
    Currently this day I don't know what I weigh, because I don't have a scale.

I felt a lot different in 2015 at 163 but this time I don't feel any different. The only time I felt I lost weight was around the 2018-2019 because my pant size went down from an almost 18 to 15. Now I just feel stuck I cant notice any changes when I look in the mirror, or trying on my clothes. I started doing cardio 7 days a week for at least 20 to an hour, with some core workouts after, didn't feel like that was enough so I started tracking all my calories again for the last 2 weeks. I made the mistake of asking a family member and they said I look the same as always :|

I'm honestly getting really frustrated about it, I just want to shrink this little mama pouch I have under my belly button area, and its like the only time it went away was when I starved myself and I don't want to do that, I want to do everything the healthy way.

No you are not the only one, but I would just like to say that. You have changed a lot!! You look amazing!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    You are stunning I bet your ex wishes you two werent divorced now lol
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    edited July 2021
    You look fab!!!!

It took a couple of years for the dysmorphia to fade away for me, so I totally get what you mean.

Even though the scale kept going down and I dropped many sizes, I still saw fat me in the mirror.

What made the difference for me was regular progress photos someone else took and sent to me. (I still couldn’t bear to take photos my “fat” self).

One day, looking at the latest photo text, it was like I could feel something in my brain shift.

I still have those moments, days or even periods of weeks, when I feel lumpy, roll-y and dumpy. But not to the nth degree anymore.
  • sherinexwicker
    sherinexwicker Posts: 3 Member
    You look amazing being 5’1 myself you’re my inspiration!
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Wow! Thank you for sharing. You are amazing!
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,115 Member
    Well done.....Thanks for sharing. After I lost 120 lbs, my wife complained that going out with me to a restaurant was no fun anymore....I simply told her that it looked like I had lost the wrong 120 lbs....lol
  • wolfy1234
    wolfy1234 Posts: 22 Member
    No words, simply amazing..
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    Beautiful before and after. Great job! <3
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Wow! <3
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,199 Member
    Yea for you Kayla! You're amazing!

Thank you for sharing the story of your journey with us. :)
  • PepeLPew
    PepeLPew Posts: 92 Member
    Kaylabaila wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for your wonderful thoughts and encouragement. And correcting my spelling. 😆😆 hit my 150lbs lost mark yesterday. And excited to have less than 15 more to go to get to my goal.

Thanks again everyone! And feel free to add me!

Congrats - this is an amazing accomplishment. You have lengthened your life by probably decades. Along with loads of confidence, happiness, energy, etc.

Just wow!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!