Food choices - what works for you?

Options
I am looking at the meal plans here on this site. There is high protein and also low carb. I’ve never tailored my eating other then to cut way down on sweets and eating more fruits/veggies. It’s healthy but my progress is slow. Has anyone tired any of the plans on this site (or others)? How did it work for you?

Replies

• NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I think slow is the healthiest and easiest, and your plan is probably the best one. If I ever need to lose weight again I'll do gluten free, though, because I lost weight without even trying and it was still healthy since I didn't have to cut down on a major food group like that low carb plan requires...I ate a lot of oats and wild rice.
  • boilermakers6
    boilermakers6 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That sounds interesting, I love oats and rice. I will look into that
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    High protein...I tend to do a lot of chicken and eggs. I love having a quick hard boiled egg or two before work to start my day.

Chicken is always super versatile and there are so many ways to prepare it. In the past, I have overdone my chicken intake and burned myself out on it. This time around I am really only eating it once a week or so. Combo a chicken breast with some veggies and you've got a filling meal. :)
  • boilermakers6
    Options
    Excellent suggestion. I’m lucky that I like chicken breast way more than the dark meat. I love salmon as well. I’m branching out and trying besides I would never eat before.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I don't follow any of the plans from the site, but in generally I eat low fat, low carb, very high fiber (40-50 grams per day mostly from fresh and cooked produce) and moderate plant-based protein (~60 g per day).
  • boilermakers6
    Options
    What are your favorite plant based proteins?
  • dealsalicia
    dealsalicia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve been loving lentils lately. It only takes about 30 minutes on stovetop with occasional stirring. One bag last about two weeks of eating 1/2 to 1 cup per day so be sure to freeze some if only one person enjoying.

Low calorie, high fiber, good protein and very inexpensive