Hi! I’m new here.

Options
SunnySkyze
SunnySkyze Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2021 in Introduce Yourself
I’ve been using MFP for a full week now. I’m finding it to be just what I’m looking for. I wanted some thing where I could count calories and keep track of it. Also, I wanted to be able to scan food items and get the calories, etc.
So, I need to lose over 100 pounds. Even though I’m 63, I still want to feel good about myself and look at least halfway decent when I’m with my husband. LOL. We have been married 46 years and he is, and has been, my soulmate from day 1. ❤️
I am keeping track of everything and now I’m hoping to get some encouragement from reading other people’s experiences.

Replies

• Karliemyalgia
    Karliemyalgia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi Sunny! I'm glad you're getting some good use out of MFP's tracking, it's pretty great! Awwww sounds like you have a great goal in mind to be healthier, look better and feel more confident for your hubby. If you'd like to be friends feel free to add me! I try to share either a food pic, or a selfie pic or my tracking on my feed and try to engage with my pals on their posts :) I am 29 and physically disabled, I have a connective tissue and central nervous system dysfunction so I gained a lot of weight. For my height 4'11, I was obese at 179lbs. 60-70lbs is my total weight to lose. I managed to lose 22lbs over the last 6 months, but still have a way to go so I came back to MFP to connect with others and track my stuff. A healthy weight for me at 4'11 would be between 115-120 and I am 148 right now so I'm almost halfway to my goal :) would love to help support your journey. You can do it!
  • SunnySkyze
    SunnySkyze Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Karlie!
    I love to be friends. I need all the encouragement I can get, LOL.
    Sorry to hear about your health struggles, but glad to know that you don’t have much to lose. I do know that it seems like sometimes those last few pounds take forever. But I think you’ll do well!