JFT - Tuesday July 20
    1.5 L of water - πŸ‘Ώ
    Log all Food - πŸ™‚
    Walk 15 minutes - πŸ™‚

JFT - Wednesday July 21
    1.5 L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

@bookmeister86 - I think that you deserved to go over and stay late last night. It’s been a long time!

@ZizzyBumble - I overindulge after a heavy physical day too. It makes no sense does it.

@TerriRichardson112 - I agree about the pandemic and family. I’m hoping to host a large party soon.

@MLHC1 - I find that schools bring lots of challenges with children’s behaviours.

@cschmitz110515 - I have never lived alone. I think that’s part of my problem.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Managed another day in the green, weight has not shifted this morning which means I'm now into the territory of needing to lose actual weight to progress rather than just losing water weight. I'll have another one today and maybe I'll see some scale movement!

Had a bit of a trying day, work was busy (and often frustrating) and then spent the whole weekend packing for our upcoming camping weekend and doing our online food order.

I do seem to be so busy all the time, it is a bit exhausting. But I realised that when I sit back and look at what I'm doing, I'm often busy because of doing fun things (like camping!). And these things bring me joy. (although the camping may not end up bringing me joy - it's sweltering hot this week while I'm trying to work in my stuffy flat but the weekend is forecast to have constant pouring rain. Go figure....)

Not everything I spend time on brings me joy though. I (think I) am giving a speech to my local political party tonight to try to get it to vote in favour of something I want it to support. It'll be the third time I have done this. The first two times it voted in favour of it but there weren't enough people in the meeting to make it 'quorate' (i.e. valid). So I'm doing it again and hopefully there will be enough people there this time. (If I can see there aren't enough people there I will withdraw it and not give it, I'm not wasting more time on it for no reason). I feel very unenthused about the whole thing and kind of wish I had never bothered in the first place. But if I do manage to get it through, I will be pretty chuffed (I think).

@cschmitz110515 I have written my post it's for my computer screen! I went with 'focus on the good' and 'accept what I cannot control or change'

Anyway, yesterday's goals:
    - Log everything I eat :)
    - Be in the green :)
    - Eat 5+ fruit & veg :)
    - Get 5,000 steps :)

- Switch emails off when finished reading :|I didn't do this but I actually was pretty good in the afternoon. The IT issue (see below) focused my mind in the afternoon... Needed to get some stuff done!
    - Stay positive :|Mixed here. I was pretty good even when I couldn't work all morning cos of an IT problem. But in the afternoon I got pretty narked again by the behaviour of someone who has annoyed me a lot lately. Thankfully the project on which I'm working with her should finish, or wind down to a lower level, within a week or so.

- Finish work by 5.30pm :neutral:A little later
    - Evening walk :)
    - Read a chapter of French book >:)Lacked time due to packaging for camping (which I underestimated the length of!)
    - Talk to boyfriend in French >:) Ditto
    - Write speech for tomorrow >:)Ditto
    - Get out stuff for camping trip :)
    - Do food order :)

- In bed by 10.30 :)
    - Lights off by 11 :|I think so, but am not quite sure so possibly not. Also didn't fall asleep for ages as too hot!

Today's goals:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - Get 5,000 steps

- Switch emails off when finished reading
    - Stay positive

- Write speech for meeting
    - Check houses
    - Pay for camping
    - In bed by 10.30
    - Lights off by 11
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,056 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Janele0627 - We have all had days like that. It’s best own it, then leave it behind you and move forward. ((((Hugs)))
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 945 Member

JFT Wednesday 21st July

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no, finished at 1407
    Back exercises the easy ones
    Only one small snack 2
    Walk no

Was all set to be in the green after a good day. I blew it by having a little piece of cake in the evening after yet another family discussion. We came to a compromise but it still means I'll have to be committed to doing things I don't want to do, and I felt a bit deflated. I also stood at the door at 9pm and debated going for a walk versus bed...I chose bed. All those winter months when I would pile on the clothes and walk in the dark, and now I'm not going out in the summer, what's up with me?!
    (Note - I wouldn't normally have cake in the house if dieting, but the decision to restart logging and take it seriously was very spur of the moment, so have a few things left)

JFT Thursday 22nd July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Only one small snack
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Recap 07/21 (Wednesday):

- Wake up by 7:30 X 8:00
    - Walk the dogs before work - half an hour βœ“ 20 minutes, .66 miles
    - Eat breakfast βœ“
    - Take my vitamins βœ“
    - 10 mindful minutes βœ“
    - Drink 64 oz of water βœ“ 64
    - Get 10,000 steps βœ“ 12,000
    - 5 flights of stairs βœ“ 7
    - Exercise for 30 minutes βœ“ 40 minutes of cardio & strength
    - Log EVERYTHING βœ“
    - No snacking after dinner βœ“ Was very tempted, but I resisted!

JFT 07/22 (Thur):

- Wake up by 8:30 (day off)
    - Walk the dogs - try to hit 1 mile
    - Eat breakfast
    - Take my vitamins
    - 10 mindful minutes
    - Drink 64 oz of water
    - Get 10,000 steps
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - Exercise for 30 minutes
    - Log EVERYTHING
    - Laundry
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: Β»

07/21/2021 Tuesday JFT: <--- This should read WEDNESDAY!! Lol!!

:) MFP - catch up and post
    :) Yoga
    :) Gym - Elliptical only for now (getting my toddler use to the environment before staying longer)
    :'( Clean / Organize my office
    :'( Prep MCAT note cards for one end of chapter
    :'( Read one chapter in one MCAT prep book

First of all, I thought yesterday was Tuesday ALL day!! Nope, it was Wednesday so my week is totally off, LOL!! I did not complete the afternoon tasks due to a couple of reasons. First, I spent several hours attempting to negotiate naptime with my toddler. Then I received a phone call from my hubby who needed me to run an errand for him. It seemed "meant to be" because the driving around put my toddler to sleep, Lol!! Well, ya win some ya lose some.... so I am moving on.

@Snowflake1968 I agree that schools tend to create behavior issues that may have never been an issue. I have been so wrapped up in trying to prepare for the MCAT that I was not seeing this clearly. Once I realized I was struggling to focus because I was not centered in myself I began to investigate internally. Then I recognized the school was creating negativity in our life and finally I saw clearly the issue. Funny how taking time to observe your surroundings purposely will lead you to recognize imbalance. :wink:

@cschmitz110515 Remember, give yourself some grace. You are equipped with all the knowledge and willpower to overcome the slump you feel yourself in. It is easy to slide backward, just regain your strength!! You are amazing and have always inspired me with your consistency!! Looking forward to the 5K, in-person attendance is a super positive thing, I am very excited for you!! (Take pics!!) (Hugs my friend.) <3

@Janele0627 Brush off the days you don't hit all the marks and move forward. Staying accountable is super important and resetting the next day will lead to success!! Keep rockin on girl!! :sunglasses:

@HEGoddard0928 Where U Be?!?! Are you still he-wo-maning out there?! Lol!! :smiley:

07/22/2021 THURSDAY JFT:

MFP - post and prelog
    Yoga
    AM Errands - need more Chamomile Tea :blush: and collect mail
    Gym - Elliptical only for now (getting my toddler use to the environment before staying longer)
    Clean / Organize my office
    Prep MCAT note cards for one end of chapter
    Read one chapter in one MCAT prep book
    Prepare Kodiak Banana-Chocolate-Pecan Muffins
    Print church camp list for both preteens to begin packing

Shooting for another ambitious day!! :star::sunglasses::star:

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    @MLHC1 Thanks so much for your support and insight. Very appreciated! I may not take my phone for the 5K race as rain is predicted. As long as there's no lightning with the rain, like the last time this race was held in 2019, and it was called off just after I passed the midway point. Everyone still on the course around me still had to walk the entire route (minus around the track inside Lambeau Field ~ it's the Packers 5K, as in Green Bay Packers) and I was bummed the chip timer had been turned off. The runners had finished long before the walkers so they weren't affected. LOL

@bookmeister86 I like the idea of messages on your computer. Unfortunately at my workplace, IT has that locked down so I can't have a setting like that.

Recap 7/21 W which is garbage man treat day for doggo :smiley:
    1) Walked dog 4.05 mi before work & submitted screen shot for Just Move It Day at work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :mrgreen: 14/14 boom! 16.1K
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water :smiley: -21 & 13c close enough!
    4) Make zucchini lemon muffins if time / 7:30 concert at St. James Park (remember bridge is again in service) :) wore jacket as a little chilly & tonight will be hot & humid ~ go figure / some ta-da? :)
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / online way too late >:) 6:45 alarm (planned rest day)

JFT 7/22 R ~ planned rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace in office during webinar
    2) Decide on supper / remember to log beer / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) GA-C/V complete video write-ups / kiosk F&Ds / webinar 2:00 / EMAILS
    4) PM P re concert / 5:30 check-in / 6:00 GBBG concert / sort laundry (maybe hang outside F) / other ta-da?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 6:00 alarm (x-train & 1 load laundry before work)

Realized I never listed work goals for yesterday. Good thing, since I realized reviewing Surveillance video on flash drive that instead of 8-9 hours, I actually had been given different camera views and areas (as requested) for a total of 21 hours. I was able to see most of what I needed in the first few hours, then speed-view the rest. Still have write-ups to complete.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Thursday July 22

6 mile easy morning run
    35 minute indoor cycle on Zwift
    Stay in the Green
    Hit fiber & fat goals
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP. Check weather. Lifting.
    2. Morning: Write blog post (lamp). Walk at the park?
    3. Scrub 2 plates. Read Jacky! FINISH figurative language script.
    4. Brunch: Omelet. Scrub one necklace with toothpaste. Email J to ask about online courses; how much grading?
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check on plates. Read: 1 hr (Kingdom of Souls). Log reading on Goodreads. S&F script work: 1 hr.
    6. Evening: Clois. Dinner: Bibimbap? Update common room. Livestream!
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. 9 Round - check on free week.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    Today: 193.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: ??
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. Office conversion.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Today's long run was longer than a short run last year - but more significantly, at a better pace. That feels pretty good.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.

My new running shoes are already here! Wheee! :D
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Weight down a little this morning which is nice to see.

Off for a camping weekend tonight which will probably push it back up a bit again. I'll be careful though so as to limit the damage.

For today, I'm not going to worry about coming in within green or maintenance (mainly as I'm pretty sure what I have planned will go slightly over). But I will track everything for awareness and try not to go too overboard. And tomorrow I will aim to come in within maintenance (planning to go for a nice long walk which will burn lots of calories).

Yesterday's goals:
    - Log everything I eat :)
    - Be in the green :)
    - 4 bottles water :)
    - Get 5,000 steps :'(Was busy so didn't get time for all of them

- Switch emails off when finished reading :|Maybe? I can't remember. I will put a reminder on my computer to aid memory
    - Stay positive :)

- Write speech for meeting :)
    - Check houses >:)Lacked time, will look today
    - Pay for camping :)
    - In bed by 10.30 :)
    - Lights off by 11 :)
    -

So today's goals are simple:

- Log everything I eat
    - 4 bottles water
    - Make decision on viewing extra house
    - Get 5,000 steps
    - Switch emails off when finished reading
    - Stay positive

Happy Friday everyone!
  • littleblackskirt
    JFT Thursday 22nd July

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no 218 over
    Back exercises yes
    Only one small snack 2

Decided to go for a walk last night and was surprised how difficult I found it. Everything below the waist was hurting and my foot pain is back with a vengeance. I need to fix this, walking was always my main exercise.

JFT Friday 23rd July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Only one small snack

Don't expect to walk today as I need to be fit enough for Saturday.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 21

Log πŸ‘Ώ
    Stay in the green 😑
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊

Get sitting room ready for photograph ❌
    Make bed in 4th bedroom βœ…
    Tidy our bedroom and en-suite (remove/hide) clutter βœ…
    Remove/hide clutter in the kitchen βœ…

It’s Friday already - the week/month have flown by!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 23 July

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

Mow lawns
    Clean kitchen
    Balcony windows
    Garden centre
    Dentist
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,311 Member
    Date night last night but I kept things in check. Ate half my burger and half my fries. Only had 2 light beers. I call that a win especially compared to last week, ughhh. Trivia starts at 7:00, so we were home by 9:30. I went to sleep by 10:00, but I'm still dragging this morning. Can't believe it's Friday, but I sure am glad it is. Daughter was supposed to have a swim meet tomorrow, but her shoulder is injured. I wish she weren't hurt, but man I'm glad I don't have to attend the meet. It's a big meet and it's indoors. Always too crowded and too humid. Hopefully that means I can go to the farmers market in the morning and then for a bike ride.

JFT Friday!
    - work by 8:00 :smiley: Damn forgot to take my meds this morning no wonder I'm dragging...
    - Meeting at 8:00 :smiley:
    - Breakfast by 10:00 :smiley:
    - More meetings
    - Left over bread sticks for lunch
    - Maybe take half a day today and go home to take meds
    - No alcohol
    - Log food
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a happy day y'all!

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    edited July 2021
    Recap 7/22 R ~ planned rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace in office during webinar :neutral: 12/14 & 7.8K
    2) Decide on supper / remember to log beer / net cals zero / 14c water :p Preordered box dinner for outdoor concert & I ate it all, including dessert bar. Logged best guesses. Net cals 2X daily goal. Oops. Would've been worse but my pint of beer tipped on the grass and most of it spilled. Sad me. 13c water
    3) GA-C/V complete video write-ups / kiosk F&Ds / webinar 2:00 / EMAILS = 4/4
    4) PM P re concert / 5:30 check-in / 6:00 GBBG concert / sort laundry (maybe hang outside F) / other ta-da? :smiley: Musicians were excellent & band was lot of fun. Sat w/ old friend from high school & her hubby (they live in nearby town) & had great time catching up.
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 6:00 alarm (x-train & 1 load laundry before work) >:) just wow...

JFT 7/23 F ~ heat & humidity return = ICK
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Prelog / net cals zero / 14c water *HYDRATE especially today for 5K race in hot, humid conditions tomorrow a.m.
    3) Submit mileage log / GA-C/V complete kiosk testing & F&Ds / 12:00 Facebook Live / update Project Status s/s / submit PAR, PRO, KRO s/s / submit PTO request for next week
    4) 4:30 pick up race packet
    5) Evening: x-train / prep clothes & bib, key, farmers market cash / check DVR / at least one ta-da
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / figure out alarm time (race starts 8 a.m.)

Couldn't drag myself out of bed to x-train before work. Guess I needed the sleep b/c I feel better for it. Hoping tomorrow a.m. the storms forecast overnight are passed so we can race.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Oi! Just oi! I spent the last 3 days fighting with pharmacies and doctors offices. It was a total nightmare! And one of the most frustrating things I've had to deal with in awhile.

Oh! And the check engine light came on in the car and it started running really rough when I was on my way home from work on Wednesday. It was just a computer glitch and Matt was able to drive it home. We had it checked out by our car guy. Thank you Lord for it being nothing! Lol

I had intended to go into work for a few hours yesterday morning even though it was my day off. But I just couldn't. I didn't realized until Wednesday that I would be working 14 days straight. With no actual day off and getting up at 4:15 every morning. So I reniged and took the full day off.

Matt had a doc appt that went well. The doc said his lungs sounded clear but he wants Matt to get chest xrays and have a sleep apnea test. I think the test is kind of pointless but Matt wants it done. So I said, sure. Between the two of those it should eat up our deductible so the insurance will actually kick in.

Okay, onto some goals!

JFT, 7/23/21
    - Up by 4:20βœ… 4:15
    - Work 5-1 βœ… Currently on break but I'll obviously stay until my shift is over barring any major catastrophes.
    - Meeting 7-8 βœ…
    - DISHES
    - Update JFTβœ…
    - finish laundry
    - create shopping list
    - start outlining book
    - read 1 chapter of dragon book
    - ask off for Sept dates
    - Pay car paymentβœ…
    - Take out rent money
    - TA DA list
    - night routine
    - Bed by 9
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: Β»

07/22/2021 THURSDAY JFT:

βœ… MFP - post and prelog
    βœ… Yoga
    βœ… AM Errands - need more Chamomile Tea :blush: and collect mail
    βœ… Gym - Elliptical only for now (getting my toddler use to the environment before staying longer)
    βœ… Clean / Organize my office
    ⚠️ Prep MCAT note cards for one end of chapter➑️ Made it half way through before being interrupted.
    ⚠️ Read one chapter in one MCAT prep book ➑️ Made it half way through before having to stop and prepare dinner.
    βœ… Prepare Kodiak Banana-Chocolate-Pecan Muffins
    βœ… Print church camp list for both preteens to begin packing

Fairly successful yesterday. 1/2 way thru is better than zero. πŸ˜…

07/23/2021 FriYAY JFT:

MFP - post and prelog
    Yoga
    Elliptical (not sure whether it'll be at the gym or home or at all, today has some variables)
    Finish EOC Note Card Prep
    Finish Reading Chapter in MCAT prep book

My hubby is back home and preparing to leave town for work again, so there will be some variable prepping on my side. We'll see how the day goes, I'll have to remain flexible in my schedule.

Have a blessed day my friends!! πŸŒ·πŸ€—πŸŒ·
  • littleblackskirt
    JFT Friday 23rd July

Log everything yes, everything
    Stay in the green 171 over
    Back exercises yes
    Only one small snack yes

Signing off on Friday as I won't have time tomorrow. In the red again ugh, however at least I've been well below maintenance all week. Won't be logging tomorrow, have a good weekend everyone.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Saturday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP. Check weather. Early short run (2 mi). Try out the new figure-8 loop.
    2. Morning: Write blog post (lamp). Yoga at library. Call to check about 9R NEXT WEEK (Start Sunday).
    3. Scrub 2 plates. Read Jacky! Groceries.
    4. Brunch: Omelet. Scrub one necklace with toothpaste. Email J to ask about online courses; how much grading?
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check on plates. Read: 1 hr (Kingdom of Souls). Log reading on Goodreads. S&F script work: 1 hr.
    6. Evening: Clois. Dinner: Bibimbap? Update common room. Shoot figurative language script?
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. 9 Round - check on free week. Patreon chat, Trek podcast Sunday. Recycling Sunday?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    Today: 194.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: ??
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. Office conversion.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Short run tomorrow, and I get to wear my new shoes!
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.