How to calculate calories in a marinade?

Options
We recently input a recipe for marinated short ribs into our MFP. The marinade called for one cup of balsamic vinegar and 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce. Obviously we dont ingest that much after discarding the marinade so we are wondering how to properly calculate nutritional info. Any ideas/suggestions on calculating nutritional info for marinades? We just calculated based on 1/4 of the amount (ie 1/4 cup vs 1 cup) since most of the marinade is thrown away and some falls off when basting the meat on the grill. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Replies

• iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    if i were being super picky i would probably take the total calories in the marinade, measure how much was left once i took the meat out and subtract.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shabydonner
    shabydonner Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was kind of wondering this too, we grilled out for the Labor day weekend and i did a maple brine for the chicken, it was wonderful but I was left wondering how to count it. I know it had to raise the sodium and sugar some but I ended up just not counting it. I would love to really know what to do for the next time because it was awesome.